Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up that the synapse does fit the stock location. I used the ATP turbo hks style adapter (btw F hks and their c-ring) and bought a 2-1/8" c-ring since the kit lacks it.

The bov housing does rub against the air scoop a little and you do have to move the solenoid but after that it works fine. I'm going to bypass the solenoid though because I find it is opening the bov at partial throttle which is insanely annoying. If you need pics I can show them. FYI do not order the ATP turbo hks c-ring kit, it doesn't fit, even took it to a shop and they couldn't do it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks nice

·
Registered
364 Posts
any more instructions? i was thinking of this but i just couldnt lol... i gues lack of creativity... i notice u have a T that connects for vacuum.. i would appreciate if u helped out lol :) ...do u notice any difference.. does it work properly? ive heard that it might be more beneficial in the cold side rather than the hot side ???

·
Registered
162 Posts
any more instructions? i was thinking of this but i just couldnt lol... i gues lack of creativity... i notice u have a T that connects for vacuum.. i would appreciate if u helped out lol :) ...do u notice any difference.. does it work properly? ive heard that it might be more beneficial in the cold side rather than the hot side ???
if you want cold side, you could always order the charge piping from Weirtech.

·
Registered
162 Posts
installed mine yesterday. i ended up using a snap ring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And some vacuum tees and vacuum hose. I bought the tees at napa and they were $5 each!!!! That should get you set. The bov works great no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
132 Posts
sub

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Synapse support is saying that I'll need this adapter flanage piece to complete the installation. I should be receiving the actual BOV and HKS adapter I linked in a post above sometime this week so I'll be able to check more then.

Has anyone else needed to buy this item to make it work?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Synapse support is saying that I'll need this adapter flanage piece to complete the installation. I should be receiving the actual BOV and HKS adapter I linked in a post above sometime this week so I'll be able to check more then.

Has anyone else needed to buy this item to make it work?
That is what connects the synapss bov to the hks flange.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So I guess the question is why did you guys go through the trouble of all the extra adapters? ($60 for the HKS bolt on adaptor, $30 for the adapter flange)

I'm looking into getting a cold side pipe fabricated so I can weld on the synapse and I'm thinking it's going to be cheaper than getting it on the stock location.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So I ended up getting my hands on charge piping with a synapse already mounted so I'm selling my untouched brand new synapse and all the parts needed to mount it in the stock location, e.g. HKS adaptor and the synapse mating billet if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts