Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! After owning my genesis for a few months, I was wondering if it was possible to some how install the OEM fog-lights that aren't already on my car? Are the black placeholders just pop-outs or do I have to cut them out? I've been looking around the forums and I never really saw an answer (maybe I didn't look hard enough).

I'm currently looking at the foglights from import shark:

http://importshark.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_34_61/products_id/602/osCsid/87898391138fea8edc0fdaafdc3c9203

Thanks for any and all help or criticism in my thoughts.

·
140 Posts
The placeholders are held in place from behind with like three screws each. They came out without any issues and the foglights went on without issues.

Haven't had the time to figure out the OEM wiring and add a new stalk to the steering column, so the solution is a universal type thing with a button :/
BK1s have kits, and I keep forgetting to ask DD if their kit works with a BK2.

·
Registered
989 Posts
There are different versions of kits all over ebay for adding fog lights. I haven't don't it yet, but I have had the front bumper off plenty of times. The covers are just screwed in. The kits you buy should come with what you need, just look for whatever you feel is the most complete.

You will have to do some wiring no matter which route you go so if you already aren't comfortable pulling off the front bumper to check out how the current fog light covers attach, then adding them may be more work than you want to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm fine with taking off the bumpers and such since I was also planning on doing a custom mesh grill as well, was just wondering ahead of time haha. As for the wiring part I heard you could just splice the wire into your headlights to have them work with the DRLs constantly. Does that hold any truth?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FailSauce said:
Hey!
I have a 2013 base as well and got these fogs off of ebay for $153. IDK how much they are at ImportShark.

They came in a Hyundai OEM box, OEM stamps, and so on.

Just need to get the wiring figured out. I have a universal kit, but I don't want to press a button to turn them on and off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Hyundai-Genesis-Coupe-2013-New-OEM-Fog-Light-Lamp-Cover-Connect-LH-RH/161261617240?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Since I can't PM yet because of my post counts, here's what I was going to say lol

Hey man what's up! Thanks for the reply. These are the ones I'm looking at from importshark:

http://importshark.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_34_61/products_id/602/osCsid/87898391138fea8edc0fdaafdc3c9203

I think the ones you sent me from eBay have a non-functioning LED strip (not too sure). To be honest, I'm just looking to improve the look of the front of the car, looks really bland right now.

A little bit off topic, but is that the OEM track spoiler in your profile pic? I thought the bases didn't come with those :p
Personally looking at buying one to put on mine and having a bodyshop or something put them in because I'm not too confident with drilling holes in my trunk haha

·
140 Posts
These don't have functioning LED's :/
The LED's from ImportShark look super nice!

It's a BBM lip from ImportShark. They painted it and put sticky tape on it. The install was easy, but hindsight, I should've stuck it on and peeled the tape while it was on. I was dumb because on my VW I didn't have issues, so I peeled it and then stuck it on at which point it wasn't coming off :/
Going to take it off and redo it in the summer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it worth it to get the stalk as well? Or should I just wire into DRLs (sounds easier said than done?) and call it a day?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a set of fog lights off my 2014 if you are interested. Dont think I have any of the wiring but the lights are in excellent condition.

·
YUP ITS A HYUNDAI
138 Posts
these still available?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
If you get the OE stalk it is not hard to use it for the fog light switch. You can wire them up independent of any other lighting as the switch will provide a ground for your relay coil. One small gauge wire to run for the relay coil.

Personally the switch on the stalk is a bit awkward to use. I would go for a standalone small switch somewhere. But using the switch on the stalk should enable the dash fog light indicator. Then again it is easy to add a small LED to indicate that too using the same ground wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts