Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing a big turbo build on my 2013 2.0T. My plan is to document the entire build, start to finish. I've been talking briefly with SFR and BTR to see when I can actually get this setup tuned. But anyway... The build goes on. If I have to wait months for a tune, I'm okay with that as I don't daily drive the car.

So far I've ordered some of the parts. I'm still deciding on Cams, Springs, Fuel Pump and Clutch, among a couple other things.

I plan on building the car up with the stock bottom end for now, so I plan to see how far it can be pushed. My goals for this stage of the build is around 450+ WHP, and more in the future as I upgrade internals.

Here's some pics of the parts that just came in today:

PTE 6152 Turbo with T3 .63 A/R Turbine housing

TiAL Sport F38 38mm Wastegate

Grimmspeed Boost Controller

(In the end I'll be running just wastegate springs to get the desired boost level)

DeatschWerks 1000cc Injectors

I'm still waiting on the SPA Cast T3 Manifold. Currently it's held up in customs, but I hope to have it by next week so I can start mocking the turbo and manifold up to the car.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes first one to sub!!!! WIN!!!

Good luck man this will be a great build and a first for the 13 2.0's if im not mistaken?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Second so far. Evolution AutoDesigns started a build a lot earlier using Haltech as their tuning solution. First in Canada though. :D I think I'll be the first to actually document and photograph the entire process. I plan and going through every detail to help those who wish to go the same route later on.

I have no sponsors either, so this build is directly coming out of my pocket. Very painful but satisfying!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Second so far. Evolution AutoDesigns started a build a lot earlier using Haltech as their tuning solution. First in Canada though. :D I think I'll be the first to actually document and photograph the entire process. I plan and going through every detail to help those who wish to go the same route later on.

I have no sponsors either, so this build is directly coming out of my pocket. Very painful but satisfying!
I didn't even know the Haltech would work on the 13's??? nice.

But anyway that is just some shop doing it, at least this is a day to day guy on the forum doing this build!!

And that pain in your back pocket will go away as soon as you fire that sucker up for the first time and get her on the dyno!!!

Again, congrats, im really looking forward to this awesome thread!

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,581 Posts
Sub

Scent via Glade Air Freshener.

·
Gas.Clutch.Shift.Repeat
399 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Manifold has been cleared and should be here by Friday!

·
Shut up and take my money
4,722 Posts
sweet!! subbed :D

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Shut up and take my money
4,722 Posts
I had a chance to see those parts in person today and I must say they look SEXAY! :hellokitty10:

·
Registered
149 Posts
subbed

·
Registered
844 Posts
that turbo is so sweet! Please keep the updates and vids rolling!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DEI/SPA Turbo Cast T3 Manifold just showed up from Beyond Redline.

·
Software Engineer
67 Posts
Good luck sir. Looks good so far.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts