Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Why do you constantly attack people?
eh? It's my job! Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lolwut.... Im not even doing a big tyrbo build. Ive never even searched for info on one. Yet I know the answer to his question just from being on the forum. He clearly hasnt looked into it at all yet, but JT is the bad guy for trying to keep lazy posts away?

Scent via Glade Air Freshener.
High fives.

·
Registered
305 Posts
nice build man, here is mine and if you have any questions let me know.

Evolution Auto Designs 2013 Genesis Coupe Turbo - YouTube

did 525hp on pump gas and 23lbs of boost. all timing reallt

then went back with race gas and 27lbs of boost.
Evolution Auto Design's Genesis Coupe - YouTube

I had a quick question about the GSC cams that you used. Did you have to have the head milled to get the cams to fit or are they just bolt in and replace the springs and retainers? thanks

Brandon

·
Software Engineer
67 Posts
Man this thing is looking beastmode Drak!

·
Registered
123 Posts
just read the entire thread... wondering if this was ever tuned? how's it running several months later? looks really awesome!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
It's still not tuned. They didn't have the full tune out before the snow hit here so I'll be tuning the beast in the spring.

I'll be hitting the dyno before and after and will post results. I'll also be hitting the drag strip to see what she can lay down on the Tarmac.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
epic lulz
1,211 Posts
Since you've done the work yourself, did you have any issues accessing the manifold bolts? How much of the work can be done standing over the car vs under it? I just ask because garage space is cramped with all the junk I have in it right now.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Since you've done the work yourself, did you have any issues accessing the manifold bolts? How much of the work can be done standing over the car vs under it? I just ask because garage space is cramped with all the junk I have in it right now.

The manifold bolts aren't too hard to get to, but you'll need a variety of wrenches and sockets/extensions to get to some of the more hidden ones. I disconnected the power steering pump and moved it out of the way, and I took out the cam angle sensor at the back side of the engine to make getting at those back
Manifold bolts easier.

I'd say about 75% of the work can be done up top. Most of the underneath work would be getting the exhaust off, and dealing with the water and oil feed lines from the stock turbo.

You'll need a fair bit of room, so clean that garage out! Lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
do you still have the E waste gate in the corner
or you found a way to get rid of it ??
It can be tuned out now. I just haven't had a chance since the car has been parked for the winter.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am interested in more detail on that too, thank you

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
I had a quick question about the GSC cams that you used. Did you have to have the head milled to get the cams to fit or are they just bolt in and replace the springs and retainers? thanks

Brandon
I also want to know. The Tomie cams are the only confirmed '13+ fitment

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also want to know. The Tomie cams are the only confirmed '13+ fitment
I also am interested in this, seeing as how ive seen multiple people say dont use gsc cams for the genesis as the are just 4b11t evo x cams and you will need to get the head remilled to run these cams?

·
Registered
49 Posts
subbed

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
On the stock fuel system for these pulls.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts