Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
when you say stock fuel system
are you saying you 1000CC and dw200 pump (in sig) where not in yet ??

just asking my tuning day is tomorrow !
torque number are low on this 2.0t engine

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
when you say stock fuel system
are you saying you 1000CC and dw200 pump (in sig) where not in yet ??

just asking my tuning day is tomorrow !
torque number are low on this 2.0t engine

The tune was done with the 1000cc injectors out. They're going back in a few months for a retune and some more supporting mods.

Torque is lower which is typical for a large turbo as power comes on in the top end now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
props man I saw the numbers in your Sig and thought they were low so I'm excited to see the final product

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sick stuff dude, thanks for the build thread. Hopefully this will be on my agenda in the near future.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yep finnaly jay decided to go with stock fuel system with me to
i'm near maxing out stock injector
i was around 18 psi on dyno and for some reason it ended up as 20, 21 on the highway

·
Registered
844 Posts
So awesome! Love it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 · (Edited)
Just swapped in an OEM LSD from a 2013 3.8 R-Spec. 3.53 Gears, compared to the stock 2.0T's 3.727. Not a bad install, except make sure you have a 12-point Torx kit to get the bolt on axles out of the differential (if you have a Manual Transmission).

I used Royal Purple Max-Gear 75W90 gear oil. The diff takes 1.4L (1.48 US quarts).

Rigged up the funnel so we could pour in the gear oil and leave it without holding the damn thing up right. Gear oil funnels slow, so it takes a few minutes to fill.

These are the 12-point Torx bolts on the axles. I used a kit I borrowed from a friend.. They're torqued down pretty tight and they're fairly long bolts. Don't strip them by trying to use a regular 6-point Torx kit :D One of my bolts were stripped already for some reason, so we had to hammer the torx bit in to break it loose.

After you unbolt the axles from the diff, let them sit there and unbolt the driveshaft and then the 3 bolts holding the diff to the carrier. I used a hydraulic jack under the diff to slowly lower it down while a friend kept it straight. While you're lowering it, start moving the diff backwards towards the rear bumper of the car slightly to allow the input shaft pin on the diff to clear.

I'm not sure about the factory exhaust, or other exhausts for that matter, but on the Weir-Tech I had to unbolt the axle back, then unbolt the back hanger on the cat-back and bungee cord it off to the side so the diff would clear.

Old crappy open-diff out of the car.

New one went in fairly straight forward. Make sure you have someone holding it straight when you jack it back up in to position. We bolted the drive shaft on first, then the axles and finally the carrier bolts.

To make the install easier, while the diff is sitting on the jack, lower it about 4-6 inches below the where it sits in the diff carrier and hand thread two bolts on each axle because once the diff is up in it's spot the axles won't clear and you'll be taking more stuff apart. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good thread! Will be doing a bigger turbo swap myself soon...

·
n00b
536 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any update on the build? Hows the car holding up?
I see that you switched from bottom mount to top mount cast manifold. Did the SPA manifold crack?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Second so far. Evolution AutoDesigns started a build a lot earlier using Haltech as their tuning solution. First in Canada though. :D I think I'll be the first to actually document and photograph the entire process. I plan and going through every detail to help those who wish to go the same route later on.

I have no sponsors either, so this build is directly coming out of my pocket. Very painful but satisfying!
More like 3rd :p pretty close build on my bk2 2.0 except for a top mount gtx3076
400whp 320wtq on meth comfortable but i dont want to go past that without internals rebuilt and manifolds port and polished.
About to get custom retuned by Armando Villages today actually sp hopefully i can squeez alittle more since i swapped to a bk1 intake mani??

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
More like 3rd :p pretty close build on my bk2 2.0 except for a top mount gtx3076

400whp 320wtq on meth comfortable but i dont want to go past that without internals rebuilt and manifolds port and polished.

About to get custom retuned by Armando Villages today actually sp hopefully i can squeez alittle more since i swapped to a bk1 intake mani??

Well we were talking about 3 years ago now lol. Not sure when you started yours. I've since changed the setup a lot, I just haven't updated this thread in awhile.

I'm also top mount now. I put down 425whp and 351ft lbs without meth last September on 93 octane.

I'm trying to sell the car now as I'd like to move to another platform, so I haven't made any modifications other than the AEM EBC and the cast top mount manifold.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Any update on the build? Hows the car holding up?
I see that you switched from bottom mount to top mount cast manifold. Did the SPA manifold crack?

Skidz88 is correct. I'm looking to move to a different platform so the car is currently for sale.

The SPA manifold didn't crack, but there was just very little clearance underneath for a proper oil drain, which is why I switched.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Skidz88 is correct. I'm looking to move to a different platform so the car is currently for sale.

The SPA manifold didn't crack, but there was just very little clearance underneath for a proper oil drain, which is why I switched.
Good luck with the sale man. What made you want to switch? Is it lack of aftermarket support or moving to a better car overall?

221 - 240 of 241 Posts