Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandson has a 2013 3.8 coupe. I am trying to find a wiring diagram that shows how the turn signal control is connected to the DRLs. I found a schematic that shows a DRL relay and fuse common to both DRLs but since the DRLs go off for a number of reasons, in particular when their side turn signal is on, there has to be a more complicated schematic.

My grandson's car's driver side DRL does not come on in any circumstance and his passenger side DRL does not turn off when the turn signal comes on. So, there may be a relationship but I cannot determine it without a schematic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The driver's side is out permanently so I do not know if it would or not but the passenger side is not affected by the turn signal but will go out, as it should, when the emergency brake is on or if the ring on the light stick is turned to DRL Off or if the headlights are on. As I said I do not see the sophisticated control in the 2013 schematic I have. It only shows a fuse and a power relay in series and then the relay output going to both DRLs. That does not seem as if the two could be controlled separately by the turn signal..

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Did you change out any bulbs or messed with any of the headlights/taillights recently? could be fluke with a loose connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my grandson's car and I will have to ask him. He has not messed with anything I know of. He may have had some repainting of the front bumper and I am asking him why. Everything works but the DRLs.
My main interest is in finding an accurate schematic that shows me how the DRLs are wired. I can then do some troubleshooting myself. I got the uploaded schematic from Downloadable Owners Manuals and
Followed this link:
Index of /files/pics/gen/docs resulting in EM BK 2013.zip. It was in Schematic Diagrams 1 of 5. I do not know if this is for a coupe or not. As I said, the owner's manual seems to indicate that when both DRLs are one and one initiates the turn signal then whichever turn signal comes on that DRL goes off. The diagram I uploaded does not seem to indicate this is possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my grandson's car and I will have to ask him. He has not messed with anything I know of. He may have had some repainting of the front bumper and I am asking him why. Everything works but the DRLs.
My main interest is in finding an accurate schematic that shows me how the DRLs are wired. I can then do some troubleshooting myself. I got the uploaded schematic from Downloadable Owners Manuals and
Followed this link:
Index of /files/pics/gen/docs resulting in EM BK 2013.zip. It was in Schematic Diagrams 1 of 5. I do not know if this is for a coupe or not. As I said, the owner's manual seems to indicate that when both DRLs are one and one initiates the turn signal then whichever turn signal comes on that DRL goes off. The diagram I uploaded does not seem to indicate this is possible.
The 2013 OM from the same download site where the schematics are, Index of /files/pics/gen/docs, says this about the DRL.
"Daytime running light (if equipped) Daytime Running Lights (DRL) can make it easier for others to see the front of your vehicle during the day. DRL can be helpful in many different driving conditions, and it is especially helpful after dawn and before sunset. The DRL system turns OFF when: 1. The multifunction switch is in the DRL OFF position. (if equipped) 2. The headlights are ON. 3. The turn signal is ON. (the blinking side of the DRL will turn off) 4. The hazard warning light is ON. 5. The parking brake is applied. 6. Engine stops." which seems to indicate the blinker position controls the individual DRLs. And, this manual says Coupe. So, the schematic disagrees with the owner's manual.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,414 Posts
I think the 2013 manual with 5 zip files is all that is available. I suggest using that to try and locate the relay and confirm the outputs after that to the individual DRLs. May be a splice that's bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts