Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Just got the Valeo HD Clutch kit from gripforce and it didn't come with the alignment tool. For those who ordered from gripforce, where did u get the alignment tool from? Will a shop be able to install the clutch without one?
ACT has them for about $5. O' Riley's can order them in. It's a 23 tooth 1" spline. Most shops that do clutch changes should have their own. The spline was fairly common for a while with Fords and there should be plenty of shops with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have had my CC Stage 2 installed for a few days now. Not a fan of the chatter, hindsight. Looking at this as an option now. Correct me if I'm wrong but I need this (see ebay link), and source a 13' DMF? I'm at 310tq and won't be going any higher.

Valeo HD Clutch Kit Slave Cyl Fits 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R Spec GT 2 0T | eBay

Yep, that's the one I bought. Also, bought the '13 DMF from bigcar on ebay. Just a quick note, the clutch kit does not come with a clutch alignment tool but as huntken said, most shop will have their own so it shouldn't be a problem (not with the shop I went to anyways).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep, that's the one I bought. Also, bought the '13 DMF from bigcar on ebay. Just a quick note, the clutch kit does not come with a clutch alignment tool but as huntken said, most shop will have their own so it shouldn't be a problem (not with the shop I went to anyways).
Cool. Do you have a link to bigcar on Ebay? If not, could you PM me the price you paid? Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Got a quote on a used DMF from a 2014 locally from the scrapyard, it has 5,700km on it. Only $225. Would I still have to get it resurfaced since it is almost new?

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
yes, heated the metal has gone blue/black. That needs to be machined off and then the mounting points need to be machined to the new height of the friction surface, so if you remove 1/16th from the friction surface, you have to remove 1/16th from the mounting points.

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
For the 2013+ DMF the potting depth (distance between the friction surface to the clutch mounting surface) is 14.4mm just in case anyone needs it for some reason.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Finally getting this upgrade underway . 2013 flywheel just shipped from Korea. Looks like there are two vendors for the valeo HD kit, one who claims to include the clutch alignment tool in the description, for those that would like to have one handy. Will update once I have this installed. From the earlier posts it seems like this is a very nice upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And one more question. Do I really need 2013 slave cylinder? I read somewhere that 2010 and 2013 slave cylinders are the same.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks, and what about OEM 2013 clutch compared with Valeo hd kit?
I found this lot on eBay Flywheel Dual Mass Clutch Kit for Hyundai 2010 Genesis Coupe 2 0 Turbo | eBay it contains full OEM 2013 kit. And I wonder if it has the same performance as Valeo hd kit.
The stock 2013+ Clutch is also a Valeo but can't handle as much Torque as the Valeo HD clutch. But the one linked should be just fine if you don't plan on going more then 330wtq. It will hold up fine to that, but any more you may want to just get the HD.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can anyone confirm that these are the correct part numbers for the HD kit? I'd assume so since they start with "HD":

Valeo Cover (Valeo Mfg Number: HDC128)
Valeo Disc (Valeo Mfg Number: HD162)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Got all the parts but I'm a bit apprehensive about removing the flywheel bolts. Are they really that difficult? I've done a suspension swap and I think those bolts are torqued down even more..

101 - 120 of 145 Posts