Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across what I feel is like the best deal, but I came here because I may be blinded by how much I want this car, it’s the perfect color I want. White exterior and red interior, owner says oil was changed every 5k miles with full synthetic.
He also said front rotors may be need replacement soon since it vibrates a little when stopping but I have seen them go for around $150 for basic ones but can someone confirm this is a great deal?

Front bumper has a small gap between it, interior is super clean and has no engine modifications that I know of. Mostly it was just exterior lips etc... that he did.

Question I need answered. 2013 2.0t r-spec with 79k miles for $13k worth the price? Assuming there are no other problems

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do more searching. I'm actually in the middle of buying a genny myself. Torn between 2, 3.8s. One is r spec with red interior with 31k miles and another with brown interior with 44k miles. And they aren't asking over 10k. So there are better options you just need to look further into it. I have been at the search for awhile because I too was blinded by the car lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When seller discloses a problem, a must to take to YOUR trusted and knowledgeable mechanic.

Where are you located?
I am in San Diego, California. I don't have a trusted mechanic but he said I am welcome anytime to come by and look at it/test drive it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick search shows several lower mileage for less. don't rush yourself.
This can be true but located in SoCal this is the best one that I can find. All other 2.0t r-spec 2013 are 15k+ with around 50k miles.

·
Bill
587 Posts
I am in San Diego, California. I don't have a trusted mechanic...
find & cultivate one. buy him a nice bottle of something and let him be brutally honest with you.
dry climate cars carry a premium. anything that's had mods has to be viewed skeptically. for Cali, it's an ok deal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I cant speak for Cali prices but seems like there could be better. Why was the nose replaced? Sure wouldn't go with "basic" rotors if they are needing to be replaced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant speak for Cali prices but seems like there could be better. Why was the nose replaced? Sure wouldn't go with "basic" rotors if they are needing to be replaced.
The nose wasn't fully replaced, He said the plastic hinges broke when he was installing the lip to the front bumper. I would for sure opt with better rotors.

*EDIT: I said it was replaced but it ended up not being replaced, sorry I edited the original post now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Damn, $13k seems pretty good for that. I wouldn't let mine go for under $16k at this point but I still have 48k on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, $13k seems pretty good for that. I wouldn't let mine go for under $16k at this point but I still have 48k on it.
Yea, I am heading to the bank tomorrow morning and see what the best car loan is. If I find a good deal since I am only 18 and one of my parents are co-signing if all goes well I will be able to pickup the car Wednesday or later this week.

Purely by coincidence my current car is having tons of issues, so many that its probably worth more than the $1k I bought the car for to repair it. Pure coincidence though, luckily I am already headed towards purchasing this soon. Ill see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Man, if this one is going for $13k I might just put mine up for sale as-is and see what happens. I'd take $13k if i put it back to stock and then sold the parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man, if this one is going for $13k I might just put mine up for sale as-is and see what happens. I'd take $13k if i put it back to stock and then sold the parts.
How many miles does yours have?

Also what state/city are you in? SoCal everything is a big overpriced but then our minimum wage is higher so it compensates. If this car was in for say Ohio it would be way over market value.

·
Registered
198 Posts
90k in San Jose. Everything here goes for much higher than average.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't understand why people let these cars go for so cheap, especially when I see dealers still asking $18-20k for last year 2.0t's and mid $20's for 16 3.8's. Like I said, I wouldnt let mine go for less than $16k. I see salvage title sellers asking for $13k with similar mileage as me.

This car isnt sold anymore, we should all stop lowering the market and instead do like what other brands do (G8 GT & GTP looking at you) and all agree here and now to hold the value. Those guys are still asking $15-20k for cars with 140k on them and getting it. Pristine versions (sub 50k) are still in the mid 20's or more. Then again, I guess its a Hyundai so......

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Supply, Demand and desirability, its worth exactly what someone else is willing and/or able to pay, no more, no less. Yes if peeple who already own their coupe's hang on to them and command top dollar the price could stay up, at least untill Hyundai or another manufacture come out with somthing simmilar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts