Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently been throwing 2 fault codes on the regular.
Plus the following lights keep pooping on randomly as well.
ESC, CEL.
Fault Code: P0299
Fault Code: U0001

I brought the car to the dealership and they said it was cause of my Forge Blow off Valve but couldn't prov it or diagnose what was throwing the code so I took the car home and put the factory recirculating valve back on and within 5 minutes of driving I had the same 2 codes coming back.

Battery test = pass
Hoses and clamps = ok
Boost gauge reads idle = 7.5 / 8 psi
boost gauge reads at peak = about 20 psi
Can anyone tell me what could be throwing the codes? really trying to narrow it down so I know what I should look for... or test.

P.s. car is stock other then SRI and the exhaust modified after the first cat.
no tunes, or sensor bypasses everything is factory for the most part other then visual modifications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U0001 High Speed CAN Communication Bus off
U0001 CAN Communication Malfunction
U0001 CAN BUS Off
But why would I get thoughts codes along with an under boost code? would it be the boost control sensor or something else?
Still at a loss of words as to what it could be... like how do you even test or rule out anything...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol alright, I wont worrie about that, I just figure its part of the fail safe check list.

I've checked everything that I can visible see, even pulled the bumper and checked the stuff like the inter cooler pipes, SRI seals, there it no rattle, movement and all the hoses and clamps are tight and secure as far as I can tell.

*Seriously miss the old days of no computers and being able to pin point the issue so much easier lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went to check my oil, its black, smells really strongly of gas, I run only 94 Octane.
I was know where near close to needing to change my oil, but thought its really dark, and kind of muddy looking...
As soon as I drained the oil, poured some new oil threw the system, them put a new oil filter and topped everything up, I reset all the codes, left the factory recirculating valve on, took it for a spin, ran a few good pulls fairly hard and I have no fault codes or engine lights on now... also I been driving it since yesterday evening non stop and still nothing...

How can I go from throwing codes for boost and electrical, doing an oil change and in my mind this is unrelated to the codes all of a sudden be fine...? anybody?
should i just leave the recirculating valve on or go back to the forge lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the other day I was driving and car went into limp mode, threw a CEL and this was the Fault Code: U0001.
Tried resetting the code and it would not reset, my device said it was reset but it showed still on the dash, when I re-scanned the code it popped back up...
Only after I turned the car off for a half hour and came back was the code gone, but when I drove the car the the CEL was off but the code seems to be saved in the system and wont let me clear it now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm not usually one to revive old(er) threads, but regarding the U0001... I have a '15 Ultimate (3.8 obviously) and have been getting that code for a while... Sometimes the tach and speedo quit working, and other times (usually when driving hard) the ABS, TCS, and ESC lights all illuminate and corresponding systems shut down... I've had it into the dealership once for this and well, obviously it wasn't fixed. Haven't gone back for round 2 yet...

@Mr289, did yours ever resurface?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TBH it was never resolved by the dealership, its since progressed into not letting me start the car, no code(s) are (is) displayed.
but the new one shows the immobilize light on the dash now... so wondering if this is the start of an electrical demon or faulty ECU or something...
Hot days seem to trigger the car to do its own thing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts