Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking with a sales manager at the local Hyundai Dealership and he told me that due to heavy sales demands for their other models Hyundai is not going to produce any Genesis Coupes this year. He told me he gets 4-5 requests a day and can't fill the orders.
I was wondering why I have not seen them anywhere, i guess this is the reason. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I bought my 2013 GenCoupe GT last month and am now really happy I got it.

·
Canadian
392 Posts
Old news. They are in the process of switching to a new, larger production facility. I was told production of the coupe will resume late summer. I have not seen any recent updates about the strike situation though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well, they need to get it together cause I want a new car!! hopefully there will be some in the next allocation...

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Same place in Korea. Just different assembly plant

·
central fl. gencoupe club
1,371 Posts
bigger facility in south korea also when production resumes number of coupes produced is being downsized,might be sometime in 2014 before all backorders are filled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The regional VP told me that they are only going to produce 5,000 more and then they are scrapping the entire line.

Relax. Ofcourse its a joke!

·
Genesis Coupe Sales
1,730 Posts
The regional VP told me that they are only going to produce 5,000 more and then they are scrapping the entire line.
And who is that, I need to confirm that one before a (respectfully) newbie causes panic on here?? Until I have names I call MAJOR BULL SH%T

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an FYI. I don't think anyone on this forum has any clue about when production is going to start up or what the production schedule and runs will be. This is all pure BS.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I was told the same thing when i went to buy my 2013 a couple of months ago. I was 100% going to buy it any wayt but still i thought it was just a scare tactic to try to get me to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

Relax. Ofcourse its a joke!
:gc-noob::gc-noob::gc-noob:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont understand why hyundai would lower the number of these cars being produced when every day I hear about someone wanting to buy one????

Are they not in the car selling business???

So glab I snapped mine up when I did!

·
Registered
350 Posts
its actually a very good business tactic, whenever demand exceeds production, that means higher profitability.

In a nutshell, if you will pay $35k each, you'll definitely pay $38k when in low production and high demand. example (not to reflect actual price and net):

sell for $35k and 2000 people across US buys one, net profit $3k each = $6mil net

sell for $38k to 1000 people with 1000 on wait, net profit $6k each = $6 mil net with $6 mil coming in

same number of people bought it, same number cars produced, much higher profits

·
Registered
483 Posts
That makes sense.

Even so, I know of three people personally who I went to multiple dealerships with to buy one and they didn't have any. Now every one of them has bought something else... Frs, wrx sti and a 3 series.

People don't want to wait when they see something they like...

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
I hope they don't screw around with the price of it. Might scare me off from buying it with how many hic-ups it has right now

·
Registered
350 Posts
you really will pay about $35k for this car that you really WANT! but not $38k when everyone wants it? really?

anyways ask anyone who bought a GT500, GT-R, etc why they paid $15k-$20k over MSRP with that stupid "Low Production, High Demand" page next to the MSRP page.

Honestly, I'd still pay it, it sucks but lets look at the facts and be realistic

·
Registered
392 Posts
It may be realistic due to the demand, but the fact is that 38k would be 6k more that I'd be willing to buy it for. This car makes sense to me a little above 32k, if it were to start pushing close to 40k it's going to send a lot of that demand elsewhere, especially since that's going to greatly overprice it for the car's demographics.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
This is probably nonsense. Although the dealer near me has four 2011's sitting in their lot rotting away. I don't why they do not slash the price and cut their loses.

When I bought my '91 Stealth it was the Fall of 1990 (pretty low VIN). I had to pay MSRP or take a walk. I did it. I was single and vowed never to do that again. By the Spring of 1991 they were marking them up over MSRP until the demand settled. It's called free enterprise.

Perhaps the new assembly line will bring up the build quality. Also, economies around the world are a bit weak right now so this is probably a good time to make the switch.

1 - 20 of 1000 Posts