Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 1000 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
First I would like to say with everything I have read cameronusmc is by far the most creditable individual on the post. This is the detailed explanation from the local dealer. He said there were issues with the airbag upper passenger side head that needed to be fixed. Production was corrected and now cars are due to start shipping. Don't know how much truth is in this but if ur like me u want to know any news. I asked about the strike and he said that was not the major reason for the hold up. They had a meeting last Friday to discuss production issues for the GC and other models.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide
Well you were lied to again... They stopped production to move production to a new plant/facility. The airbag issue was with the Elantras, not the GC, at least that's what made headlines on Autoguide and the other car blogs. Again, trust what Cameronusmc says, not your local dealer. Sounds pretty stupid but MOST salesman know less about the cars than we do and again, they'll say anything to keep you interested and hopefully put a deposit down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crook ur right. I also was told a couple months ago they changed production facilities. Again don't know how much truth is in the statement from the dealer. Cameronusmc do u have an update?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well you were lied to again... They stopped production to move production to a new plant/facility. The airbag issue was with the Elantras, not the GC, at least that's what made headlines on Autoguide and the other car blogs. Again, trust what Cameronusmc says, not your local dealer. Sounds pretty stupid but MOST salesman know less about the cars than we do and again, they'll say anything to keep you interested and hopefully put a deposit down.
I can vouch for knowing more about the car than the salesman...I went to two seperate dealerships locally and I knew more about the cars then the managers there. They tried to tell me wrong HP numbers and release dates. I had one apparently new guy that admitted that he didn't know for sure, but would check and that meant alot to me personally. Don't try and sell me some bull, if u don't know, don't try and make it up cause I will call u out! It was pretty funny as we were walking around the lot, i was telling him if it was a 2.0 or 3.8 before he even got to the car and if it was m/t or AT before he could figure it out. I would think they should know their stuff better...:dunno:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
... Don't try and sell me some bull, if u don't know, don't try and make it up cause I will call u out!..
This x1000000

I absolutely hate when someone tries to BS me. I never expect someone to know everything but I expect them to be honest. I come across it all the time dealing with vendors at work and the ones who say "not sure but I can find the info for you and get back to to" are the ones who keep my business (unless they never know the answer...). The ones who feed me even one line of BS are told to pound sand and I take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I got mine 2 months ago and even then it was a pain to get delivery info out of my dealer. Many companies don't even start selling their next year models till Sept so maybe the delays are more in line with a traditional delivery schedule.

It's worth the wait guys.

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Hell, the GM where I got my car from try to offer me a job, and the owner of the local Hyundai dealership wants me to go work for him. I told him that the only way that I would is if he fires his ENTIRE sales staff.

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts
Hell, the GM where I got my car from try to offer me a job, and the owner of the local Hyundai dealership wants me to go work for him. I told him that the only way that I would is if he fires his ENTIRE sales staff.
DD you sure know how to make friends! :D

·
US Navy
24 Posts
Dealer told me today that Im basically SOL. Theres three 2.0t is California currently and they cant get near any of them. Guess ill be waiting till the new year for my 13, may start looking at 12's...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go to cars.com and buy out of state! There is a lot of 2.0t out there. I bought a veloster in north Dakota when they barely came out! So it depends how bad you want it or how patient you are. I'm patient cuz I really want a 3.8 r spec gran premio grey plus ill be saving for exhaust rims and intake :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Cece's Daddy
414 Posts
Dealer told me today that Im basically SOL. Theres three 2.0t is California currently and they cant get near any of them. Guess ill be waiting till the new year for my 13, may start looking at 12's...
That's not a bad idea. I have a '12 and love it.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I'm definitely a fan of the 10-12 looks more but honestly, if you want a 13, wait it out. You'll be "stuck" in the 12 for a while and probably be kicking yourself next year if you really like the 13's more. Waiting is hard but as the old cheesey saying goes "good things come to those who wait". Production will restart at some point and more coupes will start coming in...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up my car yesterday. I was told by someone at the dealership that cars are 12 to 16 weeks from arriving at best!

Get your dealers to do searches and try to complete trades if they find what you are looking for. I got my car in less than a week once it was located and they could agree on a trade (2013 Coupe for a 2012 Santa Fe).

Lots of dealers seem to be lazy and don't want to do this. Push them...

Dino Z.

241 - 260 of 1000 Posts