Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

401 - 420 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
So you'll park it for the whole winter? How long does that last up there in the north country?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Man that's hard core. I'd go nuts, don't know how people deal with that.

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Just grow a pair Sketch. Nothing wrong with fish tailing for hours. I used to be stationed on Ft. Drum, NY. Drove my RWD 1976 boat (Cadillac Seville) many times into Canada in 1997/1998 (ice storm). Only spun out once :D

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Just grow a pair Sketch. Nothing wrong with fish tailing for hours. I used to be stationed on Ft. Drum, NY. Drove my RWD 1976 boat (Cadillac Seville) many times into Canada in 1997/1998 (ice storm). Only spun out once :D

Just dodging hurricanes down here DD, had a tornado touch down up in Wesley Chapel this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Damn, sounds like my neck of the woods. Anyone hurt?

No all is good, it was crazy for a little while though. Got a good solid lightning strike about 100 yards from my house too!

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
LMAO! It's hard man. I usually end up going to visit my car a couple times. Will be even tougher with the GC though.. first brand new car and all.
I'd take it out in the snow to fish tail some.. but with how much salt they use on my roads.. baddddd idea
Plus.. I leave fish tailing to my civic beater haha. My e-brake gets a lot of use!

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
I'm glad we don't really get those tropical storms up here. We get hail, freezing rain (lots of it at that) snow, rain, the very very rare tornado, and the very very rare earth quake

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Lmao, I've been thru it all. Hurricanes in the Dominican Republic, eathquakes in Cali, lake effect snow in NY and tornadoes in Texas. Just missing a volcano and Hawaii doesn't count lol.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
The ice Storms we can get up here are intense! We've had over 3" of ice covering EVERYTHING.. trees look pretty awesome when covered and held down by ice

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
When I was up there there was about 6" of ice. Poles snapped like twigs. Power lines all over the roads. Trees looked like they got hit by a nuke.

·
BuzzKillington
60 Posts
I have always wanted to drive in snow/ice. On nothing less than winter tires of course. I cant call myself a good driver if ive never experienced any and all conditions. Now back in NC we got awesome ice storms ....I was never old enough to drive in them but hmmm I miss it ^_^

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We've gotten 25" of rain down here since the beginning of June!!

·
In vino veritas
70 Posts
We've gotten 25" of rain down here since the beginning of June!!
We need the rain, too...I'm in Central Florida and for a while, it was starting to look like a desert here - hard to believe we were in the tropics. Now all the lakes are full again and the grass is no longer brown....

On a side note - I'm actually glad it's going to be another few months before the next batch of cars arrives - gives me time to plan my mods and acquire parts to begin upgrading (lights, audio, etc.).

·
TITAN, Import Techniques
106 Posts
ANY legit news when production will continue???!! I just sold my car to my bother 2 months ago planning to buy a gen coupe but of course there is NONE!! I been without a car waiting for a gen coupe for TOO DAMN LONG!! I been taking bus, taxi, and borrowing my gf's car for work and school!! I'm at the point i'll just have to buy something else pretty soon! BUT I DO NOT WISH TO DO THAT!!! AHHHH JUST HOW MUCH LONGER DO I MUST WAIT?!

401 - 420 of 1000 Posts