Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2013 Genesis Coupe production has stopped

90K views 999 replies 134 participants last post by  SketchedOut 
#1 ·
I was speaking with a sales manager at the local Hyundai Dealership and he told me that due to heavy sales demands for their other models Hyundai is not going to produce any Genesis Coupes this year. He told me he gets 4-5 requests a day and can't fill the orders.
I was wondering why I have not seen them anywhere, i guess this is the reason. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I bought my 2013 GenCoupe GT last month and am now really happy I got it.

#123 ·
As Cameronusmc has stated, no dealership can order a specific car to be made for you. Hyundai doesn't work like Ford and GM. They decide what to make and then dealers get those cars shipped to them. Your dealer is shiesty and shouldn't get your business.

#128 ·
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

It's also amazing that with how much information you have posted here and how many people you have helped and who have said so that there are people still not listening.

Why even bother asking if your just gonna go ahead full speed like a bull in a china shop?

Like F. Gump said " stupid is as stupid does"

#126 ·
I got an extended warranty, 8 year 160K km, rust protection/ paint warranty for 10 years, eibach pro springs, eibach sway bar and front strut bar. Final price for the car and accessories is 29240.11, 1565.00 freight, 2185 for the extended warranty, 1099 protection package, 34752.26 total

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#131 ·
Why the hell do you need an extended warranty on a Hyundai? $1565.00 Freight ouch!!! Protection package = sucker, that's a sham, a total sham. You got used dude!!!

Tear that contract up and run like hell!!!!!!

#134 ·
Not much I could have done with the warranty and protection. I had them knock 1000 of the protection price, all parts I ordered are free install, unlimited car washes, year of oil changes, free loner car, also got the parts at cost. Seemed decent to me. We will see if I even get approved for it, might not.

#135 ·
Something else I learned from John (cam) before I even got the car was to get an account at the Hyundai Tech Info site. Just put the VIN # after you login and the site will tell you everything about the car. Even if it has the floor mats and cargo net and iPod cable.

#140 ·
wow...

sketchedout, were you sketched out on drugs when you walked into the dealer?

ill be calling you next time i need a sucker for a ponzi scheme

#141 ·
Cam, I was told if I got a car in the states. The warranty is no good here. I didn't want to have to drive to odgensburg every time I needed the car looked at. I had asked you questions before and you didn't seem to keen in helping me. I didn't feel like just sitting around waiting for word on here that production has continued. He claimed he can order one, I figured I'd see if he was all talk. First thing I said to him was I wanted to know the truth, wanted the rumors squashed. He said feel free to call him or swing by, even made a few calls while I was there about it confirming it. Showed him yours posts and he said he will prove you wring by putting me in my car. Who knows, I guess I'll find out.. After I know if I'm even approved or not. Have some school debt still, might not even happen.

#164 ·
I am not sure how it is for Hyundai Canada, but I do know to be careful with how this is worded. Per Hyundai North America, they do not do orders straight back to factory. That being said, dealers can placed request order to their port for the next one that comes off the boat, but it is a request and not a guarantee. They can also dealer trade, but that could run the risk of added miles if they drive it between dealers and or cost if they ship it and defer the shipping to you.

Not trying to be a downer, just making sure you are aware.

#148 ·
Right, what ever.

I have one question for you, why would you even look for a car if you can't get approved at a RESONABLE RATE? Next you'll be telling us how you got a great rate of 22.9% for 10 years :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.