Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

441 - 460 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I checked my insurance company USAA, $75 for my GC Track $78 for a Mustang GT! I was really surprised by that.
Did the same check, had the same reaction. I'm like $83 a month on USAA though. I think some of the (low) rates have something to do with the popularity of certain cars with members of the military... (although I am not one).

·
Registered
143 Posts
If this really is the next Stang....wow....I am thoroughly impressed.
If that's the next stang I'm already sorry I bought my Genesis. Well, until I see the pricing anyways. I'm betting if it looks like that the GTs will start at around $36k with no options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did the same check, had the same reaction. I'm like $83 a month on USAA though. I think some of the (low) rates have something to do with the popularity of certain cars with members of the military... (although I am not one).
I have USAA too... but I am only 24 of age, it will be 95$ a month for me.... how do you get $75? full coverage? 500$ deductable?

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
At 25, males get reduced costs. Dumb sexist insurance.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
I'm not the only one that thinks that the headlight looks out of place right?
No, you're not. Overall I love the design, but the render does look a bit awkward in certain areas.

I can't cite a source because it's hearsay from VWVortex, but I read there that someone in Ford said it would still be instantly recognizable as a Mustang with certain styling cues sticking around. Things like the round headlights and tri-bar tails. Guess we'll have to wait a while and find out.

If that's the next stang I'm already sorry I bought my Genesis. Well, until I see the pricing anyways. I'm betting if it looks like that the GTs will start at around $36k with no options.
You'll still have a good two years to enjoy your Genesis Coupe before these are rolling down the roads. :)

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Yeah and I would avoid buying the first year of a new model. Especially a Ford...
From what I've read so far it'll be keeping the 5.0, so at least that should be solid.

·
Registered
595 Posts
From what I've read so far it'll be keeping the 5.0, so at least that should be solid.
True. I suspect they will keep the 3.7 and will most likely be using parts from their other European cars.

I do really like where Ford is going with this car. Some hint of the previous generation with a modern twist.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Actually, regarding the other engine, I've heard (and like I said, all rumor and hearsay now) that it's possible they might go with a turbo four. I guess since it's a world car, and Europeans are more accepting of boosted I4s over V6s.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Actually, regarding the other engine, I've heard (and like I said, all rumor and hearsay now) that it's possible they might go with a turbo four. I guess since it's a world car, and Europeans are more accepting of boosted I4s over V6s.
I can see that. Too bad though as that 3.7L is a great engine. Will be interesting to see how the traditional Mustang crowd responds..

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Dunno really. I suppose they could badge it as another SVO model. It wouldn't be the first time we had a blown 4 cyl in a Mustang.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why do you disagree so strongly, I honestly feel the new design takes away from the unique coupe design of the older gen. Now the design is similar to those seen in mazda's, in my opinion

·
Registered
557 Posts
Why do you disagree so strongly, I honestly feel the new design takes away from the unique coupe design of the older gen. Now the design is similar to those seen in mazda's, in my opinion
The old design was just that OLD, It looked like the front end of an Elantra was stuck on a sports car.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Funny, because that's exactly what the 2013 is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I heard that the ecoboost will see it's way into the 2014 model (can't remember where I read it). Makes sense, it's proven, good gas mileage, great power, and they're putting it in everything. I'll take a boosted 6 pushing out 365. There's 2 things that would need to change to consider one; interior redisgn (current is fugly), and lose some weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
5.7 sec 0-60 (with roll out) for the 2.0t rspec and 14.2 1/4 mile? Very nice. me gusta. Im betting the 3.8 r spec will hit 4.9 sec 0-60 with rollout.

·
Registered
69 Posts
let's agree that the new gen is a big improvement over the older model where it matters most,performance and quality upgrades. The front grill is a quick fix if it is that repulsive to you. When the reflash is avaiable and some exhaust work you can be pulling 370 to 375 hp out of this car and close to 400 if you really want to play with it. Not bad for a car that wasn't even here five years ago.

441 - 460 of 927 Posts