Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

881 - 900 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had a 2013 370Z. They are quicker to 60 in general that our 3.8. From a roll though the 3.8 is faster.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I wonder, is it really that different? I mean, the ride 2.0 vs 3.8. I have the 3.8 but never tried the 2.0
I tested 2.0 bk2 before buying 3.8bk2.
2.0 felt very underpowered unless in boost, which for me equates to always in boost and lower mpg compared to 3.8.

2.0 only more efficient when off boost, other wise mpg is worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
The younger generation seems to love the Type R, but a lot of us older guys (me included) aren't crazy about the body style... I still think the gen coupe body just looks hot even after all these years of owning one (I have a 2011 R-Spec with a lot of mods that I'm going to be selling soon, just don't really drive it that much any more. :(

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Im a old fart, i like the r type but like i said i wouldn't be getting rid of my coupe, just adding somthing different to my collection. Cars like the Genesis coupe are becoming a rare find.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's sort of what I was hoping for, that the Gen Coupe would kind of go the way of the older Eclipses (harder and harder to find a good one). I hate to sell mine in a way but I'm 56 years old and own my Gennie plus an SUV plus an older Saturn. My wife wants me to sell all three and just have one car like a "normal" person lol. I listed my Gen Coupe on Auto Trader and for two months all I got were scam calls...I want to list it on here but I need 50 posts first. :(

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I dont expect mine to ever appreciate in value, at least not in my lifetime, but id be willing to bet its going to become a kind of cult classic and become a somewhat desirable, affordable, good looking, reasonably fast sports car, which of course is exactly what it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont expect mine to ever appreciate in value, at least not in my lifetime, but id be willing to bet its going to become a kind of cult classic and become a somewhat desirable, affordable, good looking, reasonably fast sports car, which of course is exactly what it is.
Genny already going the cult classic way (just see genny focused channels on youtube)

In my country there is a decent demand for them since they are super rare ( Hyundai dealer here didn’t import many I think there is less than 100 in my country) and discounted now.

I still wish Hyundai make a BK3 with that 3.3 Twin Turbo from the G70/Stinger, there is still a market for sub luxury coupes genre.

but seeing how they want to make the Essentia (they paid Rimc to make a hypercar ev) their next Coupe wont be cheap I think.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yes thats the irony, as Hyunday/KIA/Genesis shed that "poor quality" image, up goes the price. I dont know who is old enough to remember when Japanese vehicles were perceived as low quality and were inexpensive, that sure has changed.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yes, for the past 12 years Hyundai been more reliable than any German car and half of Jap cars. I am glad they still pack alot for a dollar compared to others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
docmarc1
63 Posts
Had a Caddy Escalade challenge my Genny 3.8 GT ( Magnaflow CatBack, Injen CAI, )at a red light this week. Sad to say, the souped up Giant beat me out by the 2nd block....how embarrassing.......

881 - 900 of 927 Posts