Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

901 - 916 of 916 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seriously though... I live in the southeast and every time I take mine out somebody wants to race, it could be a pick-up truck or a kid in a station wagon, doesn't matter! I just roll my eyes and keep driving normally. Way too many cops where I live anyway.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Had a Caddy Escalade challenge my Genny 3.8 GT ( Magnaflow CatBack, Injen CAI, )at a red light this week. Sad to say, the souped up Giant beat me out by the 2nd block....how embarrassing.......
Something is wrong with your car. My parents have a '17 Escalade and there is nothing fast about that rolling warehouse except the fuel tank gulping gas.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It was definitely Modded....roared like a dragon and took off with a decent amount of sway
Guess anything can be quick if you dump enough coin in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Old Post but new event! Guy at work just bought a 2011 370Z. I have a 2013 track edition auto. Just for fun we got beside each other after work. I was truly expecting to be walked easily. Not so. We faced several times with the same result. I beat his car every time. Far as I know both cars are stock. I have a drop in K&N, but to me still completely stock. I ran my car in the summer last year ( that's when I bought it) and ran at Cecil county dragway with my best time at 13.62. I probably could have knocked a small amount more off the time with a higher rev launch but I was still getting use to the car. My best time was in sport mode and let the car shift. Let's say I got use to the car and ran again, maybe a 13.5?
After we faced each other we took turns riding in each other's car, his car seemed quick but I dunno, I'm thinking he should have won. His isn't the nismo or anything special. How fast are those cars suppose to be stock? Online I see anything from 13.4 to 14.0. I'm guessing CA runs vs East coast times?
Still, the 370z are very nice cars. He didn't have nav, and the lights are red on the dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I believe it was a six speed. Before I bought my Genesis I was gonna get the G37 IPL. (Kinda like the sister car to the 370) Not because it has a little more power but because it had different rims and ground effects. It was an automatic and still I think it's rated at 13.7ish? Even that car seemed faster than his 370 and it's been several months since I drove the IPL. I didn't know this but I think my car does have a tune. It's been shifting at max around 7300 or maybe 7500. I'm not 100% sure on how to tell if I do. I searched on here but mainly found people arguing on how you can or can't tell.
I test drove a Z before I bought my car also! Lol I drove probably over 30 different cars before I settled on the coupe. Nice cars bit wasn't wanting a 2 seater. Genesis coupe isn't far from a 2 seater, but it does have a back seat.
Thinking back, he did lose a lot of ground Everytime he shifted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Automatic transmissions have improved significantly. Some of the road tests done in "Car and Driver" report better quarter mile times with an AT in the same car. And, not everyone operates a MT as well as they should.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yes, I believe it was a six speed. Before I bought my Genesis I was gonna get the G37 IPL. (Kinda like the sister car to the 370) Not because it has a little more power but because it had different rims and ground effects. It was an automatic and still I think it's rated at 13.7ish? Even that car seemed faster than his 370 and it's been several months since I drove the IPL. I didn't know this but I think my car does have a tune. It's been shifting at max around 7300 or maybe 7500. I'm not 100% sure on how to tell if I do. I searched on here but mainly found people arguing on how you can or can't tell.
I test drove a Z before I bought my car also! Lol I drove probably over 30 different cars before I settled on the coupe. Nice cars bit wasn't wanting a 2 seater. Genesis coupe isn't far from a 2 seater, but it does have a back seat.
Thinking back, he did lose a lot of ground Everytime he shifted.
Yeah, if yours is shifting at 7.3k then it has ECU and TCU tune. Hope you are running premium gas in it. Make sure your oil always at full to not starve your engine (I run slightly above full with raised rev limit)
Auto Gen is slightly faster than manual due to having better final drive. 4.1 rear gear Instead of 3.5 rear differential.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Noticed you are up in Muskegon, MI... I lived in Holland and Zeeland for 10 years until I got sick of the winters, then moved south!
Yes, still enjoining 3 month of hot and 8 month of cold weather

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Had a Caddy Escalade challenge my Genny 3.8 GT ( Magnaflow CatBack, Injen CAI, )at a red light this week. Sad to say, the souped up Giant beat me out by the 2nd block....how embarrassing.......
Must of been HPE8000 Escalade

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes I use 93 always. I need a cat back exhaust. The stock sound is nice but I want it a little deeper sound without drone. I have 3 picked out but doing research on here to see pros and cons of each.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, still enjoining 3 month of hot and 8 month of cold weather

I lived all over Michigan for two years. Caro up in the thumb, Ithaca, cold water, Jackson and manistee. Beautiful state! But holy crap did it get cold haha

901 - 916 of 916 Posts