Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great work man. Do you think based on your research could Haltech implement a firmware fix to read the canbus signals and control the a/c on the 2013s?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
they said they would do it.....in 2013....:wink:
Quoted for truth....

Let me know whenever you have them available, you know I have quite a bit of demand for these.

Reactions: Jedsred89

·
Registered
257 Posts
Me three lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i will see if the unit i just sent is working fine

just to make sure all haltech are equal ... since i had to use a pulsed input as a normal 0-5 input

for some reason the a/c request in not programmed right inside the haltech on 0-5v input but does work in pulsed input

i sold the past unit at cost or even lower ... but they are kind time cosuming to build....mostly the plug and play part 40 pin connector

the next one will probably be at 250$ us shipped

if you are still interested at those price i will probably do a bunch

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think that is reasonable price for your time and effort. Too bad Haltech didn't incorporate into their original design to make easier for all of us.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
i need to do another bunch ...
never taught people would still take it a those price anyway ... or that haltech would do a update
but hey some poeple put regular gaz in the gen and some put an haltech lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haha 250$ seems reasonable especially since I hate wires haha I don't think I could make my own most likely would fail haha but count me in when you make them I'll take one for sure no doubt about it

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just doing some follow up on the project if it help

why do the same when you can do it better lol

i redid some unit it's way easier when you color code your wire .. no wire tag and wire ringing to find the right one

if you hate doing the shrinking on one side i think i side of the harness i think i found a solution

put the same connector on both end like this one

and then insert it in the femel connector and glue it..less trouble

while looking on the internet i almost found the harness already made... for a backup camera for a prius

but the chinese who made theme us the wrong pin so the connector will go in ... IF YOU PUSH HARD ENOUGH...but will not lock into place the pin are to long and a bit to big but it would work if you don't care about that

and doing some R & D

no i.m driving the AC

but looking to cut open the canbus line and modify the can bus signal so the AC unit would work as it did on stock pcm

i tried to pass all data from side to side .... but it doesn't work
the car send all the data into a burst and the wait ... i lose some data here and there

so i will try to just transfert the needed data for the AC unit

those would be product version 2 canbus card and a small arduino brain

i have tested the logic on a full size arduino ... will see if it works an i micro... sometime they act a bit different

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
17 Posts
does this actually work because if it does im willing to buy this

41 - 60 of 74 Posts