Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Spark plug type and GAP from .028-.040 doesnt matter at idle the car will run with go cart spark plugs as long as they are the correct size and length. HPFP? Its a 2.0 he doesnt have one. Fuel octane 87-110 doesnt matter at idle the car will run. CAT/O2 sensor fuel trims dont matter at idle the car will still run.

None of these things will cause his issue. Now if it idles fine but when he gets into boost it starts acting up then sure, any nember of these things could cause the issue. But the car runs fine as soon as the stock ecu is put back in.

Michael has the right idea.... Using the KISS method (keep it simple stupid, aka Occams Razor) I say your BTR ecu either has the wrong injectors in map or its flat out bad(leaning toward just flat out bad since you're blowing fuses). My best friends first SFR ecu had this exact same problem and it was rectified by SFR sending him a new ecu. Red is correct about them being hot swappable. I have swapped out my ecu without disconnecting the battery 30+ times, either for taking the car for service or letting someone use my ecu to see the differece the tune makes and ive never once blown a fuse on either my car or someone elses.

Thats some total BS right there. I would be livid if I paid that kinda money and they wouldnt even let me send it back to them to check it out. Definitly would NEVER get my business again. At least Jay did it right. He said the same thing that he didnt think it was his ecu but he would check it out. Come to find out it was the ecu and he sent my buddy a new one free of charge. OUTSTANDING customer service from Jay and SFR.
Believe it...and they will never get my business ever again. I'll post the copy of the warranty repairs once I finally get it back from the dealership. All I wanted was for them to check out the ecu they sent me and Jake refused.
So for you to come on here and reply BS to my situation and you don't even know the facts regarding what happened. But go ahead and speak your mind. I see alot of people on here who just chime in on certain topics regarding issues with certain vendors and try to defend them without even knowing the true facts behind the situation. Gotta love it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Believe it...and they will never get my business ever again. I'll post the copy of the warranty repairs once I finally get it back from the dealership. All I wanted was for them to check out the ecu they sent me and Jake refused.
So for you to come on here and reply BS to my situation and you don't even know the facts regarding what happened. But go ahead and speak your mind. I see alot of people on here who just chime in on certain topics regarding issues with certain vendors and try to defend them without even knowing the true facts behind the situation. Gotta love it.
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I wasn’t taking up for BTR at all and the way they treated you was what was bs not your complaint. All I was saying is at least when I had problems with an SFR Ecu Jay at SFR looked into it even though he thought there was nothing wrong with it and took care of it at no cost.

The OP bought a BTR Ecu and you said you bought the same one so if you misspoke and it was in fact an SFR product (not BTR)and Jay at SFR didn’t help you out, then their customer service has went down the drain in the last couple of years. If I were in your shoes I would still be livid never use them again either as they are lying saying that it’s never happened before when I know for a fact it has.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I wasn’t taking up for BTR at all and the way they treated you was what was bs not your complaint. All I was saying is at least when I had problems with an SFR Ecu Jay at SFR looked into it even though he thought there was nothing wrong with it and took care of it at no cost.

The OP bought a BTR Ecu and you said you bought the same one so if you misspoke and it was in fact an SFR product (not BTR)and Jay at SFR didn’t help you out, then their customer service has went down the drain in the last couple of years. If I were in your shoes I would still be livid never use them again either as they are lying saying that it’s never happened before when I know for a fact it has.
I do apologize for misinterpreting what you said. My situation was quite frustrating and caused alot of anger. I did purchase a btr automatic stage tune. I ran it only briefly. All 4 rods broke, pistons 1&2 slammed into the head shattering into pieces. The oil pump snapped in half and valves were bent. I reached out to the vendor only to see if they could check the tune out as they don't offer refunds for as is purchases and the 100% refused to even check the tune for me. So I'm left with a expensive ecu paper weight. I only wanted to see if I could still run the tune after the engine replacement is done. I should have went with a different vendor but even then it's still risky.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is it possible that you have a bad fuel pump or fuel system? The only other reason that a stock tune wont work on any engine is if their are vacuum/boost leaks. Now the tuned ecus are a separate thing. Even so upgraded turbos and exhausts etc. Should still be able to idle. It's sad that nobody was willing to check your tune:/ Is their any way to see the AF ratio via the app or OBD2?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts