Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wrench and ride!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI...I was changing my license plate bulbs over to LED bulbs last night, and something caused the driver side rear parking and license plate lights to go out. I thought it may have been a fuse, but couldn't find any blown. The fuses and owner's manual weren't really clear on which one those light circuits were on (or maybe in a panic I didn't see it). I put the stock bulbs back in and the lights still didn't come back on. I found that after turning the light switch all of the way off and back on the lights reset and began working again.

Not really sure what the cause of it was, but I did get the LED's working in the license plate, but wasn't happy with the brightness, so switched back to stock for now. All appears to be working fine.

·
123 Posts
Where did you get the LED's? I'm interested to know what stage you got if they were diode dynamics LED's.

·
Wrench and ride!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reply, no they were not Diode Dynamics LED's. They were some I had from car, but 194 bulbs I think I got on Amazon, so I don't know what stage they would be classified, but I would guess stage 1.

·
Wrench and ride!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine worked fine too with the same bulb. I just had to reset the lighting with the headlight switch. I thought it was a fuse blown, but apparently there are some internal safeguards within the lighting system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.