Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the tune done in el paso(4003ft above sea level) on 91 pump gas. With the .5 tune i was on 93 gas and was in Houston(43ft above sea level). Got home late last night after driving 9+ hours and through rain, i wasn't able to really get on it. Today was nice and sunny, noticed that the power feels alot smoother than the .5 tune. Looking to replace my rear tires and get a dyno in dfw on 93 in a week or two.

Ok the numbers game....
Base line .5 tune in el paso
256hp 254tq
Custom tune in el paso
274hp 296tq
Mods
Custom intake, hks bov(knock off), dp/tp, cbe

Houston .5 tune
261hp 275tq
Mods
Cone filter, dp/tp, forge bov

Hoping to around 280-290hp, 300-310tq with 93 and being back in Dallas. Will do another review after driving it alittle more with a few tanks of 93. My boost gauge should be shipping out tomorrow so ill have an accurate reading on psi levels.

Big thanks to [email protected], again sfr=wow.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Thanks for coming all the way from Plano.
It was great seeing you again and I am glad we still had great results over canned tune in higher elevated location!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep stock plastic intake manifold, but i told jay i wanted to swap over to the pnp 10-12 manifold and he said that should be ok. Might mess with the afrs, but i plan on buying it and wait to install until there is a dfw sfr tune event.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought mine but my plastic one has 10k on it I am wondering if I should leave it alone?

**shrug**

15-20 more WHP though...take my money.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What numbers are these:
Houston .5 tune
261hp 275tq
Mods
Cone filter, dp/tp, forge bov

Also, I thought 1.0 was available?
^^^those are my .5 tune in Houston 8/15/12
Stage 1 should be ready in a month or so. Basically i have a "custom stage 1" tune. But the tune is for my car/mods where stage 1 is a canned tune that should have a little room to add mods. Jay was able to add more fuel at low end and more air top end. Maybe jay can chime in on this too. I still have the stock oil setting, which is fine by me, that is something i didn't want messed with.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The big killer on the numbers was the elevation, but now that im back home my numbers should go up.

Also take a look at the Texas forum another member also got a custom tune which he got +108tq.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evolution racing technologies. He flew in Friday and left Sunday I believe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The lower the altitude the DENSER the air is(more oxygen) With boosted engines, you will boost whatever psi, but the air is LESS DENSE(less oxygen) up at higher altitude. Less oxygen less horsepower.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
A normally aspirated engine will loose about 3% of its power per 1000’ increase in altitude.
There are a lot of debates whether turbo cars affected by altitude but as far as i know atmospheric pressure changes (where it's 14.7 to lower) and it will put out less power usually. Also another factor was 91 octane was the highest they have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts