Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do this at your own risk, may not work on every vehicle, but has on everyone i have done.

Ok so if you have swapped your steering wheel to aftermarket your airbag light will go on. You have searched and cant get a def answer. Well, Heres a little info just incase you want to swap steering wheels and dont want airbag light on. You need 2ea 1/4watt 2.2ohm +/-5% resistors.(not 2.2k ohm)
Color code is red red gold gold. You will need to jump the resistors as shown in the pic. This is just a temp install for referance and visual purposes. Besure that you actually connect resisters and heat shrink.
This plug is located inside plastic cover behind sterring wheel. 1 screw on bottom and if you turn sterring wheel you will see the other 2 screws. Remove those 3 and you will see yellow plug attached to the spring clock. Unplug it and install resistors in plug. Do not cut the plug off incase you need to install air bag later. Make sure resistors are not touching and secure them with heat shrink or electrical tape. Also there may be 1or 2 other plugs on spring clock/steering position sensor depending on which model u have. One is for steering wheel controls and the other is for posistion sensor, its the smaller plug. If you disconnect that you will disable your traction control. No more pushing that damn button. I hope this helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evwdpya7glumqia/2014-08-19%2006.04.09.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Super helpful thanks! I have some questions though. Will this activate the rest of the airbags? I've heard that disabling one disables all of them. Also, is there a way to get traction control to work again? Since I don't have the clock spring anymore it is off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wish I could see all the pictures this is a great help information wise, would love to have the traction light off too but haven’t seen jack **** about that .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually like not skipping as my town is very uphill down hill , what plug do I plug in to get the stability back?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts