Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So , is there a way to hack this unit in a Kia Sorento 2013, could some one of you help or guide me witch page to read? I just need to make I GO running in Kia Sorento 2013... thanks in advance...!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 14 has the camera wires already in pins a2, a3, a4, a11. I searched all throughout the car for the harness but couldn't find it. I pulled all the panels in the trunk, rear quarter panel, door sills and back seat and there wasn't a spare connector. Has anyone tracked down the wires?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There proably taped up inside the harness somewhere, but who knows where. Id love to find out myself. I already have a backup camera with a small 3.5 inch monitor tucked inside the sunglass holder that actually works pretty well, but would love to route it to the 7 inch screen. I would rather not have to route wires all the way from the rear of the car to the dash again as that was a p.i.t.a.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2014 Genesis Coupe Ultimate

Was trying to look at the wiring Diagrams for the backup camera but all of the ones posted are showing 404. Does anyone have a fresh mirror of them?

And I bought this Camera, based on a link from another thread, has anyone used it and had good luck?

Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
151 Posts
snoopy has the 14' service manual in the signature but whenever i download it it only shows the first 50 pages of each chapter. And are you reffering to the license plate camera?

·
Registered
151 Posts
They're not bad but i didnt like how low to the ground the view is. when backing up it looks like youre moving 100 mph. so i got rid of mine and bought one the mount under my track spoiler.

·
Registered
153 Posts
2014 Genesis Coupe Ultimate
Was trying to look at the wiring Diagrams for the backup camera but all of the ones posted are showing 404. Does anyone have a fresh mirror of them?
Seconding a desire to have a look at these.

I figure it'd be taped up in a loom so I checked every loom from the front of the door sill to the trunk
Strange that the pins would be connected, the other end must be in there somewhere. I don't know much about taking apart the interior, but if i do attempt to wire in my own camera I also have a look around when i start taking things apart

·
Registered
176 Posts
The wiring is In the the dash harness and terminates at the kick panel. It is not in the body harness to trunk harness. It either needs to be connected at the kick panel or run from the headunit. Just remember that the OEM camera is only 6volts and 99% of the aftermarket are 12v and will not function with the OEM camera power wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok, I went on a google scavenger hunt to see if there was anywhere else that had the wiring pinout...

I found this thread from AGES ago in the bk1 era
http://www.gencoupe.com/electrical-wiring-2008-2012/52643-stock-nav-hack.html

but deep in that thread was this:

and it is labeled 2013 genesis coupe

Is this what we'd basically have to look at and just follow the rest of the instructions on what goes where?

·
Registered
151 Posts
you really don't need all that info. the diagram that labels the pin numbers is what you really need. all you need to know is pin 2 is your video signal and pin 14 in a ground wire than needs to be de-pinned. pin 14 prevents the head unit from switching to video in when the car is put in reverse. you'll more than likely not use the the power from the head unit for the camera. it puts out 6.6 volts and wont power 99% of aftermarket cameras as they need 12 volt power. and it was unclear to me where this connector is located when i did mine camera but its the connector behind the big panel that has all the gauges and ac controls on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
you really don't need all that info. the diagram that labels the pin numbers is what you really need. all you need to know is pin 2 is your video signal and pin 14 in a ground wire than needs to be de-pinned. pin 14 prevents the head unit from switching to video in when the car is put in reverse. you'll more than likely not use the the power from the head unit for the camera. it puts out 6.6 volts and wont power 99% of aftermarket cameras as they need 12 volt power. and it was unclear to me where this connector is located when i did mine camera but its the connector behind the big panel that has all the gauges and ac controls on it.
Gotcha. Glad I found this then. Without those pin numbers I wouldn't have even contemplated going forward. Now I'm ordering a camera and trim removal kit to get this bad boy done.

This is going to be a great summer for my car. She's going to get a lot of love and upgrades since I've got little else to do while I'm disabled :grin:

Hopefully the rest of yall who were looking for this diagram will find it useful too!

·
The Only
16 Posts
Gotcha. Glad I found this then. Without those pin numbers I wouldn't have even contemplated going forward. Now I'm ordering a camera and trim removal kit to get this bad boy done.

This is going to be a great summer for my car. She's going to get a lot of love and upgrades since I've got little else to do while I'm disabled :grin:

Hopefully the rest of yall who were looking for this diagram will find it useful too!
Man you guys are brave!!! I hope it works and lasts for you!! It looked like a pretty solid how-to. I originally started reading this thread to see about the engineering logs. Then I got swept up in the other possibilities lol

201 - 220 of 250 Posts