Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi! Just wanted to know if anyone has be able to run an .exe in wince 6 windows mod. I'm trying to run easyconnected or tucsy to screen mirroring but when I try to open an exe a message in Korean pop up saying is not an wince exe which they are.
Needs to be compiled for ARM x86

Seems like Watt'sON managed to connect rear view camera to first generation of navi device.
drive2(dot)ru/l/541762090549905914/
Very cool, was this bk1 or 2013 though?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did this install on my 2015 Ultimate - integrated a 15$ Amazon license plate light camera into the Navi display.

A couple notes that nobody else mentioned:

1) My A2, A3, A4, and A11 were already pinned and wired in the factory harness... I haven't traced it out yet, but I have the feeling there is a harness hookup to integrate a factory camera somewhere in the rear of the vehicle. A14 will still need pulled in order to un-short the revs cam AUX input.

2) On my install I tapped power directly directly from the reverse lights, ground to the trunk floor, and really only used the video +/- leads going to the headunit harness, which I did inline solder points on A2 and A3. The kit I purchased had a long wire that you could use to transfer the reverse signal from the headunit in addition to the video if you wanted to.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who put time and effort into this project... for what sure seems like a LUXURY featured vehicle, this was a stupid option to leave off. I couldn't imagine buying an R-spec to realize there was no cruise control... lol. Srsly??
Hey what camera did you use? Also do you have any connection pictures, trying to see what it looks like wired up. Are the cables long enough to just go down the side of the car instead of the middle and pulling the whole center console apart? I really want to do this on my 2016 ultimate, but getting a lot of confusing information in this thread.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M5381JC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_asin_title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IUGW8VU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_asin_title

Ok, sorry im not good at this but heres my two Amazon links from 2014. As far as wiring, all i did was splice into the power wire in the trunk for the left back up lamp and ground to the body in the trunk. Theres plenty of wire, i ran the AV through the L/R of the trunk through to the backseat, up into the headliner BEHIND the left curtain airbag and to the sunglass/map light assembly which i removed and drilled a hole in to pass the A/V and power plug through. The hole is behind the rotating sunglass holder so its not visible at all. The 3.5" moniter wedges itself perfectly in the sunglass holder and dosent require and other attachment, you can even close the sunglass holder with the monitor inside and hide it if you want. Theres nothing difficult at all its just a bit tedious to fish the AV/power cable up through the headliner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2013 Stock Nav Hacking Thread

The more discussions and findings have been discussed in the 2010-12 thread a 2013 specific repository is needed. This thread will serve that purpose.
***NOTE: This is a WORK-IN-PROGRESS especially currently in the early stages. I am trying to credit the original members that researched and found posted data referenced. I apologize for anyone not mentioned either as of yet, or due to missing the author info. If I am missing any of this data please let me know so I can update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Stock Navigation Details
Excerpts from Tom's Hardware Article: "Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track: Telematics And Infotainment..."

Engineering Mode
TIP: I recommend using a stylus pen for accessing and/or navigating any of the hidden modes. It makes it a lot easier.​
Accessing Engineering Mode: Thanks to Ryengoth

• 1. Version
  • 2. Tuning
  • 3. AVC
  • 4. Debug Messages
Engineering Mode Notes:

Windows OS
TIP: I recommend using a stylus pen for accessing and/or navigating any of the hidden modes. It makes it a lot easier.​
Accessing Windows Embedded Automotive OS (aka Windows CE Auto): Thanks to Dreadie
***NOTE: You will lose your presets (and possibly some other settings may revert to default)

• To exit turn off and on your vehicle.
Mounted Drives:
  • CD Disk: Believe to be the CD slot. Haven't tested functionality within Windows.
  • DiskA:
  • DiskA2: Believed to mostly hold map & navigation data
  • DiskA3:
  • DiskB: USB drive. Has been tested with flash drives & external hard drive (500GB) access. Able to copy files from other drives onto USB.
Data Dump Notes:

Screenshots:

Map Update version 7U03 USB Source
This is the file list and source from the version 7U03 map update USB drive:
Thanks to Lovetodrive2000
***NOTE: You will NOT be able to update your nav unit with just the USB files/drive. The actual map update process requires providing a generated (or pulled) Device ID to MnSOFT with your order number. Once vetted through their system you are given your authentication code that allows the update to continue.

USB Drive Source (directory/files split into 26 file rar archive):
USB Drive Source Notes:
  • It looks like the folders correspond to different versions/regions of the nav update. From quickly looking in the files I believe the US GC update is located in the BK folder......not too sure though.
  • These are the folders. They all seem to have the same 11 files with variations for ver/region:
    • \7U03\BK_A
    • \7U03\BK_C
    • \7U03\BK_CA
    • \7U03\GD
    • \7U03\GD_C
    • \7U03\GD_CM
    • \7U03\GD_M
    • \7U03\HG
    • \7U03\JK
    • \7U03\UD_nd
    • \7U03\YF
    • \7U03\YF10MY
    • \7U03\YF12MY
    • \7U03\YF12MY_C
    • \7U03\YF12MY_C_MIC
    • \7U03\YF12MY_MIC
    • \7U03\YFE
    • \7U03\YFE12MY
    • \7U03\YFE_C

Links:
Contributors: Big Thank You to everyone who contributed information including (but not limited to):
i have a 2014 Genesis coupe premium 2.0T with nav/imfotainment. when i put nav into engineering mode all the windows ce 6 screens and menus are in korean how do i get english menues and characters so i can tweek the os and software apps. i have tried all of the menu items to see if anything comes uo looking like google tranlate language setting in korean on the screen but no luck yet. anyone have magic keypress sequence to get screen in english version of win ce 6.0? thanks in advance Ron [email protected]

·
Bill
587 Posts
no, it's embedded. maybe reload firmware if you have the English version for that model. or get a replacement head unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a 2014 Genesis coupe premium 2.0T with nav/imfotainment. when i put nav into engineering mode all the windows ce 6 screens and menus are in korean how do i get english menues and characters so i can tweek the os and software apps. i have tried all of the menu items to see if anything comes uo looking like google tranlate language setting in korean on the screen but no luck yet. anyone have magic keypress sequence to get screen in english version of win ce 6.0? thanks in advance Ron [email protected]
I had my 14 in Engineering mode a few nights ago, and I was using Google Translate from my phone (from Korean to English) and I found where to turn the Korean to English... But I could not get it to take....

87049990_186010389348858_6106703257298534400_n.jpg 87566515_188305762438522_8568899238048563200_n.jpg
But that in Korean was English from inside the control panel.... I just couldn't get it to take when I hit OK....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had my 14 in Engineering mode a few nights ago, and I was using Google Translate from my phone (from Korean to English) and I found where to turn the Korean to English... But I could not get it to take....

View attachment 75224 View attachment 75225
But that in Korean was English from inside the control panel.... I just couldn't get it to take when I hit OK....
It's possible (and probable) that the english language pack is not installed. You would have to load the english pack manually with dism. Possible but would be a huge PITA

241 - 248 of 248 Posts