Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

361 - 380 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Humidity, heat, fuel, it could be a bunch of things. Spraying distilled water in the lower intake runners will help reduce carbon build-up on the valves and cylinder face by steam cleaning them. It will also reduce the charge temp helping prevent detonation.
Seafoam is another product you can use to clean up valves. Probably the easiest way to do it, if you buy the type that hooks up by the throttle body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
2015 3.8 GDI MT
172 Posts
'15 3.8 MT
Mustang Dynamometer at SFR in PA 8/8. Humidity and heat were mild/normal (85*/50%) for this time of year.
Mods are everything on Titan's list (Overbored TB, PNP, test pipes, CBE, heat reduction, catch can, etc.)
Baseline was 261 hp/ 233 tq
Applying canned tuned bumped those numbers about 15hp, not sure about tq
Applying custom tune:
292 hp/ 257 tq.

Jay said using his dyno shows about 13% less than you'd see on a dynojet using SAE so if you want to compare my numbers to a dynojet in SAE: 330 hp/ 290 tq

I'm more than happy with the results. Getting another 31hp is something I definitely noticed. The power delivery is smoother than it has ever been. It's a joy to drive my car. :)

Here's a vid of one of the final pulls.
https://youtu.be/fdOs6RVu38U

·
Registered
110 Posts
'15 3.8 MT

Mustang Dynamometer at SFR in PA 8/8. Humidity and heat were mild/normal (85*/50%) for this time of year.

Mods are everything on Titan's list (Overbored TB, PNP, test pipes, CBE, heat reduction, catch can, etc.)

Applying custom tune:

292 hp/ 257 tq.

Jay said using his dyno shows about 13% less than you'd see on a dynojet using SAE so if you want to compare my numbers to a dynojet in SAE: 330 hp/ 290 tq

I'm more than happy with the results. Getting another 31hp is something I definitely noticed. The power delivery is smoother than it has ever been. It's a joy to drive my car. :)

Looks good! I'm on roughly the same path power mod wise though I don't plan on getting test pipes if I can help it. I still need a bore and pnp done then I'll be ready to upgrade my canned tune for a custom one.

I've got some light rpf1 wheels and I'm looking at a competition clutch. Hopefully those help make up for me skipping test pipes.

Just curious if you've done the better ground mod and checked your spark plug gap from The factory?

Edit* just read your other post that answered my question :)

·
3point8 Performance
2,625 Posts
'15 3.8 MT
Applying custom tune:
292 hp/ 257 tq.

Nice numbers, man! Finishing up some final "adjustments" this week and will be seeing Jay on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have a new benchmark for everyone ;)

Looks good! I'm on roughly the same path power mod wise though I don't plan on getting test pipes if I can help it. I still need a bore and pnp done then I'll be ready to upgrade my canned tune for a custom one.

I've got some light rpf1 wheels and I'm looking at a competition clutch. Hopefully those help make up for me skipping test pipes.

Just curious if you've done the better ground mod and checked your spark plug gap from The factory?

Edit* just read your other post that answered my question :)
For anyone looking to get the most from their setup, the ground mod is a must.

·
2015 3.8 GDI MT
172 Posts
I improved the ground at the battery terminal and the one under the intake (for the alternator I think).
Definitely an improvement.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Nice numbers!!

·
End Me, Begin Him
690 Posts
For anyone looking to get the most from their setup, the ground mod is a must.
I can vouch for that. I can tell you one thing that after all my mods, I just did the ground mod this past weekend and wow! The car drives so much better, tq comes on more readily and I would swear to anyone that the car is actually faster.

·
3point8 Performance
2,625 Posts
Big thanks to Jay at SFR. He really came through.

Today's run. 326whp/290wtq 89* temps. Compared to last time when it was ~65* I'd say I met my goal. If it were 65* I'm sure I'd have hit 335/300.

Green: Final run
Mods since last dyno: Fast IAT, TB spacer, modified airbox, additional heat shielding, test pipes

Red: Base line
Lost power due to temps.

Blue: 20/80 meth/water
I knew the meth would make it run richer, but I didn't expect it to make it that rich based on what I saw with the SRT, but it did and spraying it caused a significant loss of power. -15hp lol! I'll be switching back to the 150cc/min nozzle and will be running water only. Saw intake temps 25* under ambient when spraying so I'm sure I could have squeezed a bit more power from it if I had been running straight water and smaller nozzle.

Reactions: J Long and JGowen

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts

Sam took great care of my baby yesterday, and I'm very happy with the results. Also, thanks to Vacmurse and Deepi for all their help.

Reactions: titan2782

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Gotta love tuning events

·
Registered
138 Posts
The difference is amazing. Look at how much more torque I have at 2500RPM....I posted this to the Facebook group and people are wondering why my numbers were so low after tuning. I attribute that to the automatic. It's also SAE numbers, not STD.

·
Registered
138 Posts
BTR Tuning event in North Carolina this past weekend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only mods I can see making any difference would be the intake, ported throttle body, test pipes and cat-back. The difference is so noticeable that 2 passengers both said WTF. It's very smooth and a lot more power from 3K. The dyno sheet shows the baseline with those mods and then the final tuning with all of those mods.

Reactions: JGowen

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
998 Posts
The difference is amazing. Look at how much more torque I have at 2500RPM....I posted this to the Facebook group and people are wondering why my numbers were so low after tuning. I attribute that to the automatic. It's also SAE numbers, not STD.

I have to wonder if the operator ran it locked in 5th or let it run auto in the baseline. That gap is way too wide to just be a HP/TQ gain from a few bolt-ons.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Base line TQ looks too low. Posibly lost torque due to your boltons untuned

·
3point8 Performance
2,625 Posts
Base line TQ looks too low. Posibly lost torque due to your boltons untuned

TQ is lost with the test pipes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm just glad at the way it drives now. So much more alive, even if my numbers aren't the highest.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
I want to get an SFR Stage 1.5 canned tune for my BK1 3.8 (I know this section is for BK2 3.8s but this thread is more active than the BK1 one) but I'm afraid the new throttle mapping will be a bit too touchy for daily driving use. I've read that it gets suuuper touchy. Thoughts?

361 - 380 of 418 Posts