Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

381 - 400 of 409 Posts

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
I want to get an SFR Stage 1.5 canned tune for my BK1 3.8 (I know this section is for BK2 3.8s but this thread is more active than the BK1 one) but I'm afraid the new throttle mapping will be a bit too touchy for daily driving use. I've read that it gets suuuper touchy. Thoughts?
"Too touchy" is relative. Personally the new throttle mapping is great. I drive in in SoCal LA traffic, so it's not that big of a deal.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Agreed Relative. I like the mapping. You get used to it and never think about it again.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Word. I find the stock throttle mapping quite lethargic so I think I'll be good. SFR is having a 10% Black Friday sale right now... Gf would give me hell for spending even more on my car though lol...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 1:1 throttle that BTR tunes in is amazing and adds a level of response these cars severely lack. I'm sure SFR does the same mod. Get the 1:1 bro.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Mods: injen cai and ark dts exhaust.

Before sfr canned tune: 289/254
After tune: 295/262

Dyno at the end of video

https://youtu.be/KNixK1HsL5A

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
8spd auto

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's my dyno from the Florida tuning event.
I'm an 8spd auto and had a custom tune and the transmission tune done
There's two charts. The second one is from my baseline and transmission tune.
The first is after the custom tune.
Started at 288/255
Went to 299/268
Mods: Intake, headers, test pipes, custom cat back, ported throttle body and manifold, lightweight pulleys, thermal spacer, transmission cooler

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts

346whp / 292wtq

BK2 3.8 NA on 91
SFR Custom tune
3point8 Performance PnP Manifold/TB
Port work on the heads
J2 headers, custom H cross over, test pipes, Ark GRiP CBE
Custom 3" true CAI
Vacuum pump pulling 4in/hg @ 12v
NST Pulleys
NGK Plugs gapped at 0.035
Bunch of misc mods

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Very nice titan.
Did you retune or are you running old custom tune?

First time I hear about vac pump.
Did you dyno with and without pump to see if it makes diferance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Had the pleasue of watching these pulls today. TITAN has a beast on his hands 🙂

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
He would dyno over 350whp if he would have stock rear dif (3.5 instead of 3.9).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
New update

336/298 - dynojet STD
330/292 - dynojet SAE

352/312 - Dynomite (see below)

The only changes I made this time around performance wise were my new Stage 3 intake manifolds, fixed some exhaust leaks and switched to AlphaSpeed custom tune still on 91 octane.

The dyno sheet shows my setup (in green), the other two are FBO 3.8s (final results) from the same day for comparison. The blue line still has all 4 cats.

At this point in time, this is the basically the limit of the 3.8 NA. The cams are now the bottleneck.

I have some mild port work on the heads which lets the power keep going until redline instead of falling off like it does which means the heads were the bottleneck, but with that fixed, it just won't flow anymore without FI. Blue line is mine, red line is the fbo 3.8 from above, but without the head work.

Dynomite numbers
Last time I was tuned, we did it on a dynomite dyno. Obviously this time the number are lower because it's a different dyno so with the help of a friend and some research, we determined the dynomite was showing 5%-8% higher than the dynojet. We used the data i had from other dynos from several previous events to confirm. The estimated numbers of 352/312 were adjusted for the 5% and were pretty spot on for what i was expecting (360/310). These numbers are just for fun and comparison purposes to avoid confusion since my last update.

At this point, I'll be working to complete my built motor. I'm working with MT Motorsports to build a high compression 3.8 motor with all the goodies and most likely will be running it on E85. But for now, I have plenty of other work to do to help everyone reach their potential.

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
993 Posts
New update

336/298 - dynojet STD
330/292 - dynojet SAE

352/312 - Dynomite (see below)

The only changes I made this time around performance wise were my new Stage 3 intake manifolds, fixed some exhaust leaks and switched to AlphaSpeed custom tune still on 91 octane.

The dyno sheet shows my setup (in green), the other two are FBO 3.8s (final results) from the same day for comparison. The blue line still has all 4 cats.

At this point in time, this is the basically the limit of the 3.8 NA. The cams are now the bottleneck.

I have some mild port work on the heads which lets the power keep going until redline instead of falling off like it does which means the heads were the bottleneck, but with that fixed, it just won't flow anymore without FI. Blue line is mine, red line is the fbo 3.8 from above, but without the head work.

Dynomite numbers
Last time I was tuned, we did it on a dynomite dyno. Obviously this time the number are lower because it's a different dyno so with the help of a friend and some research, we determined the dynomite was showing 5%-8% higher than the dynojet. We used the data i had from other dynos from several previous events to confirm. The estimated numbers of 352/312 were adjusted for the 5% and were pretty spot on for what i was expecting (360/310).

At this point, I'll be working to complete my built motor. I'm working with MT Motorsports to build a high compression 3.8 motor with all the goodies and most likely will be running it on E85. But for now, I have plenty of other work to do to help everyone reach their potential.
You're tuning the MT86 now?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Great job!

All I know is that dude with the blue line is awesome 😉

381 - 400 of 409 Posts