Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

421 - 434 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
2013 track with auto trans.
View attachment 76352
You need raised revlimiter to stay in better powerband - SFR transmission tune.
6.2k is safe and significantly helps with acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have sfr trans tune. There wasn't any more power up at 7k. Soon as the car peaked he let off. I'll do some more things and dyno each step if I can

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Have sfr trans tune. There wasn't any more power up at 7k. Soon as the car peaked he let off. I'll do some more things and dyno each step if I can
There is slight decrease in power after 6.5k rpms but it would be nice to see how much you have there.
Power at 7.2k rpms is higher then what you would have at 5.5k rpms. Ideal shift point for FBO 6 spd is 7.5k rpms. Auto, might be closer to 7.2k rpms

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
Last dyno from our shop car. BK2 3.8 NA 343/310

We're almost at 350whp mark, which means we're making at the wheel, what Hyundai rated at the crank. We're still working to get to the 350whp mark, but also have it carry to 7500rpm. At 7500, we're still making 320whp which makes this car insanely fun to drive.

BK2 3.8 NA
E85
Tuned by Alphaspeed

All port work done by 3point8 Performance

Dyno was at 4200ft elevation. If it was sea level, or 50* weather no doubt it would have hit 350.

Reactions: andbudzi

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Last dyno from our shop car. BK2 3.8 NA 343/310 View attachment 76366

We're almost at 350whp mark, which means we're making at the wheel, what Hyundai rated at the crank. We're still working to get to the 350whp mark, but also have it carry to 7500rpm. At 7500, we're still making 320whp which makes this car insanely fun to drive.

BK2 3.8 NA
E85
Tuned by Alphaspeed

All port work done by 3point8 Performance

Dyno was at 4200ft elevation. If it was sea level, or 50* weather no doubt it would have hit 350.
Do you still run Ceratec additive in yours?
Was it 5th gear dyno?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice work man. Your 3.8 v2 it what many, including myself uses as a guide.
You dyno where I live and you would def be over 350. I'm 25 ft above sea level. I believe that is what makes cecil county dragway a fast track.

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
Do you still run Ceratec additive in yours?
Was it 5th gear dyno?

That was 5th gear, and yes, i run ceratech every 3rd-4th oil change.

Reactions: Snyper

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 Ceratech.
+ Rotella

Started using friction additives and oil stabilizers too.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
+1 Ceratech.
+ Rotella

Started using friction additives and oil stabilizers too.
I been using Cetatech for few years, this year I dumped Cerma oil additive.

Best oil for protection would be Amsoil. I run Quaker state as I can get it cheap ($3/qt) and it's in top 5 for wear protection.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quaker state may have changed since the mid nineties, but it sludged up my z28 bad.
Never went back to using it.
1994 z28 changed oil with pure sythentic religiously.
Used Mobil 1 ever since , my 2008 CTS now has over 268,xxx miles and still going.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Quaker state may have changed since the mid nineties, but it sludged up my z28 bad.
Never went back to using it.
1994 z28 changed oil with pure sythentic religiously.
Used Mobil 1 ever since , my 2008 CTS now has over 268,xxx miles and still going.
Mobil 1 is the one to stay away, especially those who have turbo. Elevated temp protection drops 36%, numerous Gens with blown motors who were using it (tends to disappear on you), lost 1 quart between oil changes.

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
I do not recommend rotella for NA setups. It's high detergent and it tends to foam at high RPM which isn't good. I personally switched to Mobil 1 0w40 in my setup and it's been great and I run my engine to 7800.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Almost 300k miles and the engine runs great. Mobil 1.
Supercharged vettes/camaros/AMG Mercedes all use mobil 1.
Could be they pay the manufacturer to use/advertise the oil? I know it was great in my z and now great in the CTS.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Almost 300k miles and the engine runs great. Mobil 1.
Supercharged vettes/camaros/AMG Mercedes all use mobil 1.
Could be they pay the manufacturer to use/advertise the oil? I know it was great in my z and now great in the CTS.
I did oil analisis after running Mobil 1 in Genesis and twin turbo 3.5 EcoBoost and both had elevated ware (lots of hard driving on both, 5k mi intervals) while Quaker State stntetic 5w30 tests ware normal wear.
Mobil1 5w30 is proven to thin out and brake down at elevated operation temps, by independent testing.

Mobil1 0w40 is much better choice and has very good ware protection at elevated temps - similar to Quaker state.

What was good or bad back in the day is completed different now.
For example, Royal Purple was considered very good oil 15 years ago, now their Synthetic is outperformed by majority, even Walmart brand. (Its poor protection for those who push their cars).

Rottela -will do fine for normal driving , mediocre protection though.

421 - 434 of 434 Posts