Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all !!! I'm fairly new to the Forums here but I'm looking for some help like many others. I have a 2014 2.0t automatic it's my baby im in love <3 got it with 33k miles !!!

so far i have installed a

forge BOV
K&N Typhoon intake
ISR street catback with downpipe and test pipe (second cat delete)

I plan on getting a tune fairly soon but i want to make sure I have everything installed that I want first...... I'm looking for a turbo manifold and intake manifold specifically... I'm not sure if there are any power gains with those 2 items but from the little information I could find it seems to be recommended I have plans to order the turbo xs FMIC but I'm confused if I will need to mount my BOV on the intercooler piping or can I keep the forge one I already have.... any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated even if you have a part I should buy that I didn't list please help me I'm kind of a noob when it comes to cars and me and my brother have been doing all the installs it's been a very fun an enjoyable time

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
So for the intercooler, ISR and TurboXS are two different ones. I personally have the ISR. It is cheap and works well. I believe that all aftermarket intercoolers on the BK2 require the BOV to be relocated to the charge pipes. The TurboXS comes with a flange of your choice. For the ISR you would have to weld your own on yourself (or get a shop to). Either way, you will likely have to get a new BOV. I recommend a Synapse.

For the exhaust/intake manifolds, I recommend keeping your OEM exhaust manifold. It really isn't worth the cost. You don't need to upgrade it if you run an OEM turbo. As for the intake manifold, an upgrade would be an OEM 2010-2012 intake manifold. Get it ported/polished.

If you really want more power, you are limited by your primary cat. Delete it with an aftermarket O2 housing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for the intercooler, ISR and TurboXS are two different ones. I personally have the ISR. It is cheap and works well. I believe that all aftermarket intercoolers on the BK2 require the BOV to be relocated to the charge pipes. The TurboXS comes with a flange of your choice. For the ISR you would have to weld your own on yourself (or get a shop to). Either way, you will likely have to get a new BOV. I recommend a Synapse.

For the exhaust/intake manifolds, I recommend keeping your OEM exhaust manifold. It really isn't worth the cost. You don't need to upgrade it if you run an OEM turbo. As for the intake manifold, an upgrade would be an OEM 2010-2012 intake manifold. Get it ported/polished.

If you really want more power, you are limited by your primary cat. Delete it with an aftermarket O2 housing.
Thanks for the heads up i corrected the the FMIC lol my bad and so no matter what i have to move my BOV to the intercooler piping ? they sell it with the option of no BOV would that mean i can keep it where it's at ? hmmmm this is a lot to think about i was also thinking about getting the evo88/9 turbo upgrade but im not sure which route to go if i want to stay with the oem turbo or not the car is fun and im enjoying it but it's the first car i've wanted to dump some money into so i just want to make sure i do it right ... i heard the stock intake manifolds crack at 350WHP not sure if ill even get those numbers and due to where i live i have to keep the primary cat in place or i would delete it in a heartbeat :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe lowering springs and down pipe? I would recommend Megan lowering springs
Thanks for the suggestion i have the downpipe and test pipe already still rocking the primary cat lowering the car will probably come after i do the performance parts and tune after that i will 100% move onto wheels and coil overs :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for the heads up i corrected the the FMIC lol my bad and so no matter what i have to move my BOV to the intercooler piping ? they sell it with the option of no BOV would that mean i can keep it where it's at ? hmmmm this is a lot to think about i was also thinking about getting the evo88/9 turbo upgrade but im not sure which route to go if i want to stay with the oem turbo or not the car is fun and im enjoying it but it's the first car i've wanted to dump some money into so i just want to make sure i do it right ... i heard the stock intake manifolds crack at 350WHP not sure if ill even get those numbers and due to where i live i have to keep the primary cat in place or i would delete it in a heartbeat :(
If you are keeping the primary cat, I don't think there is a point in upgrading the turbo. The cat will just bottleneck it. As for the "No BOV" option, the intercooler pipe replaces the part that your BOV is mounted on. So that won't work. The manifold doesn't crack at certain power. Some have a manufacturer defect that I'm pretty sure had a recall. I am also pretty sure it was actually caused by an injector. Either way, safer to run the metal one. They are cheap too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are keeping the primary cat, I don't think there is a point in upgrading the turbo. The cat will just bottleneck it. As for the "No BOV" option, the intercooler pipe replaces the part that your BOV is mounted on. So that won't work. The manifold doesn't crack at certain power. Some have a manufacturer defect that I'm pretty sure had a recall. I am also pretty sure it was actually caused by an injector. Either way, safer to run the metal one. They are cheap too.

Wow until you said that i didn't even realize my blow off was connected to the Factory piping I feel like an idiot but I did say I'm a complete noob at this thanks so much for the replies.... if it was you what would you recommend for upgrades like a complete list for Bolt ons and i plan on going with the alpha speed custom tune if that helps any Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
So here is a list of the basic bolt-ons:
  • Intake
  • Turbo-back Exhaust
  • Intercooler
  • BOV

You already have the intake/BOV.

You almost have a turbo-back, but I understand that you can't get an O2 housing. I know you say you have a test pipe, but by the pictures it doesn't look that way. I would recommend getting a test pipe to at least delete the second cat. It should still allow for you to pass emissions. That way you only have the one piece to bottleneck you.

If you get an intercooler, regardless of the brand, you need a new BOV. I would just buy the cheapest GC aftermarket intercooler. Most of the kits on the market are good enough. Weld the flange of your choice on it (if it doesn't come with one) and get a Synapse BOV. If you are familiar with these cars and their issues with compatibility between aftermarket valves and the solenoid, you would understand why.

Besides that, your idea of a new intake manifold isn't terrible. You can't really do injectors on a BK2 without getting a bit complicated, and a turbo would be pointless with the huge cat. Like I said, I recommend a BK1 manifold with a Port/Polish job. It will flow much better and it will be a lot stronger than the BK2 manifold. They are also cheap to get your hands on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So here is a list of the basic bolt-ons:
  • Intake
  • Turbo-back Exhaust
  • Intercooler
  • BOV

You already have the intake/BOV.

You almost have a turbo-back, but I understand that you can't get an O2 housing. I know you say you have a test pipe, but by the pictures it doesn't look that way. I would recommend getting a test pipe to at least delete the second cat. It should still allow for you to pass emissions. That way you only have the one piece to bottleneck you.

If you get an intercooler, regardless of the brand, you need a new BOV. I would just buy the cheapest GC aftermarket intercooler. Most of the kits on the market are good enough. Weld the flange of your choice on it (if it doesn't come with one) and get a Synapse BOV. If you are familiar with these cars and their issues with compatibility between aftermarket valves and the solenoid, you would understand why.

Besides that, your idea of a new intake manifold isn't terrible. You can't really do injectors on a BK2 without getting a bit complicated, and a turbo would be pointless with the huge cat. Like I said, I recommend a BK1 manifold with a Port/Polish job. It will flow much better and it will be a lot stronger than the BK2 manifold. They are also cheap to get your hands on.

Ok got it now i was thinking about this a little i do have a spot i can go and pass inspection without having the primary cat so i've been contemplating going with the upgraded turbo my goal is to be somewhere around 350WHP and i think i'll be satisfied i appreciate you putting the list together i also included a pic of the test pipe i had installed i just diddnt get a pic with it on the car :/

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am pretty sure you can get 350 in a BK2 without a turbo upgrade. I may be wrong though. I only really pay attention to stuff relating to BK1s

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion i have the downpipe and test pipe already still rocking the primary cat lowering the car will probably come after i do the performance parts and tune after that i will 100% move onto wheels and coil overs :)
Yeah no problem in the future if u want to get really series u could got top mount evo8/9 turbo upgrade

·
Registered
283 Posts
I run mishimoto race intercooler kit on my bk2 2.0t auto and I use a tial q bov. I had to get the flange welded on. I had a shop do it for me cheap. Any aftermarket ic kit you get will be difficult to install for the bk2 2.0t auto due to the transmission cooler but it can be done with some patience. I only installed a aftermarket ic kit due to I got rid of the factory turbo and went bigger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all !!! I'm fairly new to the Forums here but I'm looking for some help like many others. I have a 2014 2.0t automatic it's my baby im in love <3 got it with 33k miles !!!

so far i have installed a

forge BOV
K&N Typhoon intake
ISR street catback with downpipe and test pipe (second cat delete)

I plan on getting a tune fairly soon but i want to make sure I have everything installed that I want first...... I'm looking for a turbo manifold and intake manifold specifically... I'm not sure if there are any power gains with those 2 items but from the little information I could find it seems to be recommended I have plans to order the turbo xs FMIC but I'm confused if I will need to mount my BOV on the intercooler piping or can I keep the forge one I already have.... any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated even if you have a part I should buy that I didn't list please help me I'm kind of a noob when it comes to cars and me and my brother have been doing all the installs it's been a very fun an enjoyable time

View attachment 77108 View attachment 77109 View attachment 77110 View attachment 77112 View attachment 77113 View attachment 77115
Slap some 20's on it!! Def lower it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts