Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this, its wracking my brain trying to figure this out. I have a 2014 6 speed 2.0t r-spec. My only mods so far is a magnaflow catback exhaust and a turbo xs bov. After the engine is warmed up, and usually when I'm shifting from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th primarily getting on the highway at around 5000rpm to 6000rpm it feels like my fuel delivery cuts out and the car bogs. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and figured it out. I've been going through it and thinking it could be a safety mechanism or something to do with how the fuel is being delivered. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not throwing any codes and the car has not been tuned. Any questions or information on this please ask and let me know your thoughts!!
Thanks in advance!
Jesse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the rest of the car is completely stock. I also did not bypass the stock solenoid that connects to the BOV

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not sure how you ar at 4th to 5th goingonto a highway but its probably not the TCU unit then. I'd check for pending codes or attach a scanner to it and live log. Most likely spark plug miss. Fueling issues wouldn't only be present at high RPMS. Car makes full power in 2nd and 3rd gear at 3500 to 4500 so it would bog then too. My car does this only because my wheels aren't stock. Can't go over 80MPH:/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I'll try that out! And also try new spark plugs. Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with me, I appreciate it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts