Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Watt'sON
59 Posts
The most amazing thing in the Sonata the camera is installed, and the Genesis coupe for America no. Although in the Korean version of the Genesis coupe camera is.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Its easy and cheap enough to install your own back up camera, which is what i did and im glad i dont have the camera mounted in the middle of the trunk lid which is where it is on models so equipted, but im just curious as to why Hyundai omited it on U.S. models as its kind of a basic thing on all cars these days. There must be some reason.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its easy and cheap enough to install your own back up camera, which is what i did and im glad i dont have the camera mounted in the middle of the trunk lid which is where it is on models so equipted, but im just curious as to why Hyundai omited it on U.S. models as its kind of a basic thing on all cars these days. There must be some reason.

Yea really. even my 2014 Veloster R Spec came with one and that model wasn't even fully equipt.

·
Watt'sON
59 Posts
I don't quite understand, did you install the camera yourself? Where is an image? I heard that in versions coupe Canada rear view camera set.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've finally given up on getting a reverse camera to tie into the current touch screen.

Whats the best Reverse Camera Rear View Mirror out there?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't quite understand, did you install the camera yourself? Where is an image? I heard that in versions coupe Canada rear view camera set.
Im U.S. version, 2014 ultimate 3.8 auto, navigation but no factory camera. I purchaced the $15.00 camera off Amazon that mounts in the license plate lamp and a 3.5 inch monitor off Amazon for $15.00 that i placed in the overhead sunglass holder. Its not as nice as using the factory 7" screen but was cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Ive seen pictures of the Canadian model with the camera poking through a hole in the center of the rear of the trunk. Glad mines not mounted like that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts