Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a close friend that sells custom sophisticated engine management equipment directly to OEMs. He has been at every major manufacturer, car and (big) truck, and many race teams as well.

He claims that when he was at the Hyundai R&D center they had a GTR and right next to it a Gen Coupe w/ a very production looking Supercharger installed on the DI 3.8 engine.

Then today I'm speaking to a Hyundai tech that is also a GC enthusiast and he says that the tech center North or here in Dallas already told him that they have it for testing and even told him it currently dynos 109 rwhp higher than the standard DI 3.8 and that it's a special edition planned for next year.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have a close friend that sells custom sophisticated engine management equipment directly to OEMs. He has been at every major manufacturer, car and (big) truck, and many race teams as well.

He claims that when he was at the Hyundai R&D center they had a GTR and right next to it a Gen Coupe w/ a very production looking Supercharger installed on the DI 3.8 engine.

Then today I'm speaking to a Hyundai tech that is also a GC enthusiast and he says that the tech center North or here in Dallas already told him that they have it for testing and even told him it currently dynos 109 rwhp higher than the standard DI 3.8 and that it's a special edition planned for next year.

...Mother of god...

But I bet it's going to have a pretty premium price tag... I can't wait to see. Good find Sunny.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yah, it would cost $40K+ for certain.

·
PM me for deals
1,930 Posts
that could be epic. It will be wallet rape for sure though.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Of course its going to cost a premium...109 more whp and you guys arent expecting price bump???
Ummmm. Who said they weren't expecting a price bump??? In fact everyone that posted already mentioned a price bump.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ummmm. Who said they weren't expecting a price bump??? In fact everyone that posted already mentioned a price bump.
Yes...as some sort of HUGE revelation ie; "Wallet rape" There is this prevailing notion on this board that since its a hyundai every added feature should be given for free. There were a BUNCH of clowns complaining about the price hike for the 13 model.

·
Blue Streak
445 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Most certainly sounds like BS...every story I have read here since the beginning of time (or gencoupe.com) started the same way.

At least I hope they do it because then it will lay the V8 thoughts of the past x years to rest.

·
Canadian
392 Posts
I hope if they do this they make a warrantied '13 upgrade kit.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes...as some sort of HUGE revelation ie; "Wallet rape" There is this prevailing notion on this board that since its a hyundai every added feature should be given for free. There were a BUNCH of clowns complaining about the price hike for the 13 model.
Slow your roll there thunder... All anyone is saying is that it's going to cost more. Exactly how much more is, I'm sure, burning a hole through many skulls right now.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Again, who said they didn't expect a price increase in this thread? I could care less about who complained about the price increase on the 13s. You implied that people were not expecting a price increase in this thread yet every single post in this thread before yours mentioned a price increase, except the op, which he quickly replied and added (....$40K+)... And that includes the "wallet rape" comment since he said "for sure" at the end of the comment. How can it be unexpected if he expects it?

Sounds to me like you were just looking for a reason to get on a soap box.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Can't wait!!

·
Banned
924 Posts
When they first built the rs lambda, you could see that they intended to FI this motor at some point or at least have the option, then came along the 2013 and them switching to speed density tuning you knew it was only a matter of time for FI.
I think if they dont have too many hiccups with the DI, you will see it sooner rather then later, nice little piece of info OP.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
450+HP would put that in Porsche territory. "Wallet rape" would be quite easy and they would likely sell every single one produced. More power to them if they make a limited edition model. I hope they do it.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts