Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
Would a air leak seem more likely then IATs coolant bypass?
I think that what ever is done to your charge pipe is the issue. I have no idea why it would split air away from the throttle body like that. You literally want all the air in it that you can. I don't get why it would recirculate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is no way that is a stock setup. From what I recall reading the coolant bypass is referenced only applies to the 3.8 engines.

That is clearly a BK2 engine bay and there is zero reason to have a weird pipe bypassing the throttle body. Can you snap a few pictures as to where that pipe routes?

The only way for air to enter the engine is through the intake manifold, the throttle body is the gate keeper. Right now a lot of air and boost is going somewhere not your engine.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There is no way that is a stock setup. From what I recall reading the coolant bypass is referenced only applies to the 3.8 engines.

That is clearly a BK2 engine bay and there is zero reason to have a weird pipe bypassing the throttle body. Can you snap a few pictures as to where that pipe routes?

The only way for air to enter the engine is through the intake manifold, the throttle body is the gate keeper. Right now a lot of air and boost is going somewhere not your engine.
That is what I am saying man. It logically makes no sense as to why it would do that. But I am pretty sure that the coolant bypass is available to do on the 2.0T's as well. But that is besides the point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you haven’t found your solution, it’s your throttle body. I’d first clean the inside. If it is still giving you the same problem, then just replace it. I had the same issue also.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you haven’t found your solution, it’s your throttle body. I’d first clean the inside. If it is still giving you the same problem, then just replace it. I had the same issue also.
Or possibly a vacuum/boost leak....I'm surprised he didn't throw a code. Maybe not stock ECU?

·
Registered
465 Posts
But did your IC piping look like that?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,312 Posts
TB Coolant bypass has little affect and the only negative is potential throttle plate binding at temps just above freezing and high humidity.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts