Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked it up to diagnostics mechanic told me my car is done i need a new engine need advice i live in richmond va PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Hand Gesture Font Finger Thumb
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it runs fine just be having misfires hard to accelerate normally mechanic told me my 4th cylinder is not reading he said my engine is done

·
Premium Member
16,246 Posts
Did swap coil from one cylinder to another?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
If it was a spark issue, engine would be running rich, not lean.
... could still be the case, but fuel not making it through, would need to be resolved first.

Have a compression test done first. if all the numbers look relatively the same, then it's likely just an injector going bad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When you do the compression test, if the #4 cylinder is way lower than the other three you can determine if it's rings or a valve sealing surface issue. Check the compression reading, note it, remove the compression gauge, squirt some clean motor oil in the spark plug hole and reinsert the compression gauge and check it again. If the reading goes up the rings are the issue. If the reading doesn't go up it's a valve issue. Works, used that procedure a few times over the years.

·
Registered
2011 3.8 Track
8 Posts
Hey buddy. I live in Richmond Virginia also. I have a 2011 3.8 track. In reading your thread I'm not convinced your engine is done. What shop did you take it to? I've got a couple good shops that I use for stuff that I don't want to do myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts