Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 2.0 with 47,000 miles. I am just 1month out of factory warranty and I think that I may have jumped time.
Last week I changed my oil as usual and I also did a plug check just because I have been having some misfires at wot and I thought it may be my plugs. I noticed some carbon buildup and thought ok I can change those on pay day no big deal. I went to do a test drive because I also changed my front brakes. As I was driving, (maybe about half throttle) I noticed that I had no power.. I thought it was just my plugs OR I had done something else. I just drove home like normal and resolved to change the plugs in the weekend.
The next day I crank it and the car is back to normal power. I just thought ok cool just some carbon build up maybe..
Well I was on my way home Saturday and it was doing the same thing, full throttle no power...
I pulled off of a stop sign not in full boost but almost (again I’m thinking just carbon build up or something with the injectors)This was after I turned the car off and on again. All of a sudden there’s a knocking and I made it about 50 feet before it shut off ?
I was able to crank it today for about ten seconds today before it shut off again. I just did a compression test and I have 90psi on the 1,3,4 and 0 on 2. I do know that the 2.0 is interference so I’m guessing that I jumped time.
I’ll be taking the valve cover off this weekend but I was just wondering if anyone can confirm my suspicions..
Thanks!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
No CELs? Did you check for codes? Me thinks you may have a much bigger problem than jumping time if you have a dead cylinder (and you heard knocking).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No CELs? Did you check for codes? Me thinks you may have a much bigger problem than jumping time if you have a dead cylinder (and you heard knocking).
No check engine light at all. That’s what I’m baffled about. I will do a code check today before I take the valve cover off to see if it’s throwing any codes..
I’m just crossing fingers that it’s all on the top end..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts