Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2015 3.8 R Spec that's relatively new (16k miles). I've noticed that in my driveway and other steeper roads my supposed hill assist never kicks in. I've only ever experienced rolling back, but other guys say there should be Hill start assist. Is there a way to activate it? Or might my driveway not be steep enough? I'm always in first gear and just start to roll back without any assistance from the car. So far I've just been using the handbrake to help myself.
Thanks!

·
shorttrack
1,697 Posts
What?No such thing ,hand brake and balance gas and clutch or balance foot braking,clutch and gas .

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes mine has it ,its the r-spec 2016 model helps alot on steep hills holds a couple of seconds . Check if the 15 model has it ,also my r-spec is diferent from the ones sold in the 50 states as it has sunroof ,leds strip on fog lights work ,push botton start auto dimming mirror ,19s with brembobreaks and rear spoiler only thing i dont have from the ultimate is the navigation and im happy it didnt have it because i installed a kenwood apple play that has tons of more fetures , this the version sold here in puerto rico as the R-spec.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my 14 r spec has it. if your clutch pedal is pushed down, and you are on a decent hill, the brake will hold for a couple seconds.

·
shorttrack
1,697 Posts
I don't have the OEM clutch cylinder ( using a wilwood clutch cylinder)nor do I have the clutch start safety switch (the 1 on the floor/bottom) as I by-passed it.

·
GenCoupeDXB
62 Posts
I don't have the OEM clutch cylinder ( using a wilwood clutch cylinder)nor do I have the clutch start safety switch (the 1 on the floor/bottom) as I by-passed it.
do you mind sharing how did you bypass the clutch start safety switch?? its very annoying and i wana get rid of it

·
shorttrack
1,697 Posts
do you mind sharing how did you bypass the clutch start safety switch?? its very annoying and i wana get rid of it
Un-clip and remove the clutch safety switch .Cut the clip from clutch safety switch with just enough wire length on it to splice the 2 wires together from the clip.Reinstall the clip back to the harness and you are done .Also you could install a anti thief toggle switch in place of the clutch safety switch that will not allow the car to start if a person was trying to steal it .That will still give you the option to start the car without pressing the clutch pedal if so desired .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts