Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed a AEM CAI and a torque solutions throttle body spacer with the two phenolic gaskets it recommended and im getting the p0420 and p0430 codes along with some hesitating shifting. Any help would be much appreciated, im very much an amateur at this and still learning.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
Yeah tossed the stock and got two phenolic. One for each side of the spacer
The OEs should be steel and I always reuse them on engines, on the 2L anyway. If they are painted and the paint is coming off I hit them with cheap paint just prior to install. But you would need two OE gaskets for each spacer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah tossed the stock and got two phenolic. One for each side of the spacer
The OEs should be steel and I always reuse them on engines, on the 2L anyway. If they are painted and the paint is coming off I hit them with cheap paint just prior to install. But you would need
two OE gaskets for each spacer.
Will do, ill give it a try and be back on here with an update in a day or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changed gaskets and did a smoke test to see if there was any leaks. None to be found. Reset the codes and drove for the day and got the codes back after about 50 miles

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
Doubtful if it's both cats at once. How many miles on the car? Cats are warranted for 80k 8 years regardless of owner. But the problem is before the heads for both to show bad if they aren't. Have you disconnected the battery since the CAI install?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
You can monitor the post cat O2 senor voltage to see if it hangs with the pre cat voltage. If it does the cat is no good. You may just need two new post cat O2 sensors too. The post cat sensor should remain fairly high, ~.700 volts while the pre cat sensor will cycle from ~.005v to ~.900v.

·
Drive it like u stole it!
17 Posts
Same issue have 2013 3.8 rspec. CNT catback, Injen intake, throttle body spacer. Have had issue for years comes on in worm weather and goes away for the winter. Have abiut 45k had issue since 20k.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts