·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
F*CK that is HOT

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Downside is the Coupe wont be here until a year after. Sedan will be Q2 2014 as a 2015 MY and the coupe will follow a year later in Q2-Q3 2015 as a 2016.

·
wag um
519 Posts
well don't get too excited. i'm quite sure the renders are just how hyundai WANTED it to look, but the production version is probably still slightly awkward. yanno how things change from renders to DOT approvals to production. only gets uglier (and the production version has a rectangular exhaust as opposed to the rendered quad... and the NA HQ in the background is not yet that complete!)

·
1,196 Posts
yeah the renderings look much better. looks sort of like the current sonata, which looks very lexus/infiniti-ish at the rear quarter angles

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not too pretty or sexy. I hope the final product is as exciting as it needs to be. The American cars have cornered the market on boredom. A Genesis sedan should be an attention getting, yet refined machine.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah it's a gorgeous car and I love the haters on Autoblog and other sites. If you read the comments many people love it but apparently a lot of people think its a rip off of a BMW, a Mercedes, an Audi, a Lexus, etc which is to say that they're all wrong because none of them can pin point what it looks like. It's just like when the current Genesis came out. The only car I confuse it for now a days is the new 2013 Accord from the rear because it looks like they copy and pasted the Genesis sedan's rear end onto it.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
The only car I confuse it for now a days is the new 2013 Accord from the rear because it looks like they copy and pasted the Genesis sedan's rear end onto it.
Amen! I can't tell you how many times I have come up behind a new Honda Accord and thought it was a Genesis Sedan. Talk about copying! That is the most blatant copy of all time!

·
wag um
519 Posts
The media went on some weird Lexus LS comparison tangent with the current Gen Sedan. The real comparison was the previous gen Merc S Class:

vs

But that aside, comparisons ALWAYS happen in the car industry and rip-off comments ALWAYS occur. Yes, they do copy design language from each other. It's been done for AGES.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
793 Posts
^ What he said!

That was meant for Torsen next up!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,092 Posts
Looks like a cross between an E60 5 series and a new Mazda 6, not feeling it.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I like it. I think that front end is mean as hell while the overall styling is very sharp and luxurious.

The new grille does take some time to sink in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone else notice the G380 emblem on the trunk?

Can't read the emblem below it but hoping it reads something like "TWIN TURBO".

21 - 40 of 72 Posts