Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace the not so great head unit in my new 2015 Genesis Coupe, but can not find in dash kits in order to do it, does anyone know of one that would work. Thanks: Mick

·
"I love you Genny"
42 Posts
Look up Metra, they make a kit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that kit will not fit the 2015 model, they changed the dash on them. I thought it would work but i was told it would not by Car Toys. Thanks: Mick

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
that kit will not fit the 2015 model, they changed the dash on them. I thought it would work but i was told it would not by Car Toys. Thanks: Mick
What was changed? unless i know the base 13's had regular climate control and the 14's and up have auto climate, maybe the buttons don't line up?

Wait what model do you have?

That kit I posted was meant for the base cars.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 3.8L A/T, i emailed Metra and they said that they do not have a kit that will work for the 2015, but they are researching the vehicle and hope to have one out by this summer. I think the dash must be a little bit different when it comes to how the stock radio is or something like that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what my dash looks like.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when it comes to the standard model without nav they do have to same dash.

·
Need more power !
759 Posts
Yes 2013-15 R-spec/base models have the same exact setup.

2013-15 Track , Ultimate GT ect all have the same exact setup as well.

Nothing changed in terms of the interior design since 2013 model.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does you little blue screen still work, as it tell you the temp and where your heat is coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does you little blue screen still work, as it tell you the temp and where your heat is coming from.
Yes. the a/c lcd part still works. I didn't have the car on just turned the key. I bought that decal so the area of the blue lcd that would normally have the stereo info is covered. You can order the decal at sixspeedgraphix.com.

I just had my complete system installed.

Pioneer AVH-4000nex HU
Pioneer GM-d9601 mono amp
Pioneer GM- a6604 4channel amp
Polk db 6501 fronts
Polk db 651 rear
2x Rockford Fosgate P3d2 12inch subs

Just need to dynomat. Subs will rattle the fook out of the car

I'll get some pics of the amp and sub install tomorrow and post.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info, i will be getting my new head unit this week, thinking of going with Pioneer AVH-4100NEX, just got the dash kit today, so i am pretty stoked about it. I had a system with those same Polk speakers in it, they sound pretty damn good for the money you pay for them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts