Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2015 Replace Head Unit?

34K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Needa1337 
#1 ·
I am wanting to replace the not so great head unit in my new 2015 Genesis Coupe, but can not find in dash kits in order to do it, does anyone know of one that would work. Thanks: Mick

#2 ·
Look up Metra, they make a kit.

#4 ·
that kit will not fit the 2015 model, they changed the dash on them. I thought it would work but i was told it would not by Car Toys. Thanks: Mick

#6 ·
I have the 3.8L A/T, i emailed Metra and they said that they do not have a kit that will work for the 2015, but they are researching the vehicle and hope to have one out by this summer. I think the dash must be a little bit different when it comes to how the stock radio is or something like that.

#7 ·
This is what my dash looks like.

[/URL][/IMG]

#12 ·
when it comes to the standard model without nav they do have to same dash.

#14 ·
Yes 2013-15 R-spec/base models have the same exact setup.

2013-15 Track , Ultimate GT ect all have the same exact setup as well.

Nothing changed in terms of the interior design since 2013 model.

#16 ·
Does you little blue screen still work, as it tell you the temp and where your heat is coming from.

#19 ·
Yes. the a/c lcd part still works. I didn't have the car on just turned the key. I bought that decal so the area of the blue lcd that would normally have the stereo info is covered. You can order the decal at sixspeedgraphix.com.

I just had my complete system installed.

Pioneer AVH-4000nex HU
Pioneer GM-d9601 mono amp
Pioneer GM- a6604 4channel amp
Polk db 6501 fronts
Polk db 651 rear
2x Rockford Fosgate P3d2 12inch subs

Just need to dynomat. Subs will rattle the fook out of the car

I'll get some pics of the amp and sub install tomorrow and post.

#20 ·
Thanks for the info, i will be getting my new head unit this week, thinking of going with Pioneer AVH-4100NEX, just got the dash kit today, so i am pretty stoked about it. I had a system with those same Polk speakers in it, they sound pretty damn good for the money you pay for them.

#23 ·
Hey Willicey, I am swapping my stereo out tomorrow. I have a 2015 so I will have the same problem the mostly empty blue screen. The good news is that I have a vinyl cutter and I just downloaded the vector image of that decal/logo so I am going to create one for my car.. If you haven't found one of those decals yet and still and want one, let me know.

Jim

#29 ·
Anybody having any luck with new blackout stickers for the top screen? I found six speed graphix was still open for business and said they had them, I talked to customer support about the fit, and then after $15 on PayPal they ghosted me...they can barely go to subway with the amount they scammed me for but I’ve had a really hard time finding print shops that understand what I’m looking for, even after sending them pics...really want that screen covered up and love how finished it looks with the stickers so speed was selling

#31 ·
Hey, sorry to hear you got ripped off. If you need a sticker for the half useless blue LCD screen, let me know. I have two vinyl cutters at home and I made one for mine. I can send you one. Just tell me what you want them to say. I made mine say “Genesis” It took a few tries to get the fit just right but I have the dimensions now so that the sticker sits just on the line on the bottom above the temp and fan speed indicator.
I can do them this weekend if you still need one. Or anyone else on here wants one, I don’t mind helping out. Just need a mailing address. Peace

#30 ·
I have a 2015 base model - you'll need the - Metra 95-7352B Double DIN Dash Installation Kit to replace the worthless CD player unit with a nice touch screen deck. If you also want to replace the now dead original head unit above it, I replaced that with this bezel - oem part #84745-2M7009P - and retrofitted a navi screen in its place. I did lose my green screen AC fan settings, but was well worth it to have a modern looking console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.