Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently wrapped my plastic inner parts of my steering wheel. Upon reinstalling the steering wheel I took it for a spin. At approximately 10mph the car starting making that abs noise/grinding sound that cars make when breaking on ice/snow. It also causes the front tires lock up briefly. I immediately drove the car back into my garage. Any ideas what I did wrong or what I need to do to to fix this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Its is completely unrelated to the steering wheel removal.
Could be sensor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I suggest investing in at least a halfway decent scan tool and check for any codes. It will more than pay for itself in the money and time, (and headaches) it will save you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest investing in at least a halfway decent scan tool and check for any codes. It will more than pay for itself in the money and time, (and headaches) it will save you.
I did go buy a decent scanner. Here are the codes that were detected:
1– can timeout TCM(co
2–can timeout STEERING ANGLE SENSOR(code c1623)
3–can timeout EMS ( code c1611)
But I’m still lost on how to go about fixing this issue? I don’t think the sensors are bad considering these codes only came on after the steering wheel removal. Any suggestions would be great. If you think new sensors would fix the issue then please lmk. Thanks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I highly doubt multiple sensors went bad all at the same time after the removal and reinstalling the steering wheel.
A more likely cause would be a pinched wire, damaged connector, or damage to the steering angle sensor either when removing or reinstalling the steering wheel.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,989 Posts
CAN time out is a communication error. So somewhere a connection is bad. More than likely the Clockspring. The Steering Angle sensor is on the back side of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So should I try talking off steering wheel and make sure all connections and wires are good? Do you think I’ll need a new steering wheel sensor? Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts