Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 GC base, and surprisingly have found very little information about aftermarket stereos. I've come across double-DIN dash kits and wiring harnesses, but no mention about how well these might interface with the existing steering wheel controls and factory display. I've seen posts about the 2015 base and its factory blue screen, but nothing about what functionality would still be on the 2016's display. I would love to put an Android Auto compatible head unit in. Any insight and information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2014 coupe, and had a Pioneer AVH-4500NEX installed. Required the Metra 95-7352B Double DIN Dash, a Maestro ADS-MSW Universal Analog Steering Wheel Interface module (program it before the install), and a Metra 70-7304 Wiring Harness. The blue screen stays behind and gives you displays for time and temp control (inside/outside temps and the fan control stuff).

·
Hybrid / ARC Audio
48 Posts
You may want to consider going around the head unit all together. I was going to put a Pioneer Stage 4 head unit in the car modifying the gauge cluster. If you really think about it, playing music files and streaming music is the only thing worthy to put through the main system upgrade. Radio, CD, NAV does not need to run through it. I am going to use an iPhone as the main source using a camera adapter to a unit I bought to convert the USB to Digital COAX. You could go around that and use blue tooth if you wanted to. This way you will not loose any of your functionality of the stock head unit which controls so many functions. You can use the blue tooth of the vehicle's head unit to control the phone while sending the signal though the above method. You will need a DSP/DAC to do all the tuning and a controller to control the volume. I am using ARC Audio PS8 and PSC to do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts