Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After air enters the car via the Cabin Air Filter box, and circulating through the interior, where does the air EXIT the 2016 Genesis Coupe? Somewhere in the trunk? Somewhere else?

·
167 Posts
The vents are located on the sides of the car out back. They line up with the crash bar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vents are located on the sides of the car out back. They line up with the crash bar.
Before exiting the car, does the air go through the trunk, i.e., through the area behind the back seat? I'm curious if that area is getting air conditioned when I'm using the "outside air" setting.

·
167 Posts
No idea about anything else. Just that the air extractors are out back lol

·
167 Posts
I have no pics on hand. You'll have to find those.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,608 Posts
The air vents are on the sides of the trunk fenderwells behind the trim liner/cover. They are the flow through ventilation and yes when not in Recirc you are passing cabin air back though the trunk and out.

Beware being in Recirc and the windows shut though especially with more than one person or mammals in the car as the CO2 levels can get pretty high. Newer cars will time out the Recirc setting and turn ot off after a while for fresh air.

So it is either suck it out the window or pass it through the trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The air vents are on the sides of the trunk fenderwells behind the trim liner/cover. They are the flow through ventilation and yes when not in Recirc you are passing cabin air back though the trunk and out.

Beware being in Recirc and the windows shut though especially with more than one person or mammals in the car as the CO2 levels can get pretty high. Newer cars will time out the Recirc setting and turn ot off after a while for fresh air.

So it is either suck it out the window or pass it through the trunk.
Thanks for the update, which explains it quite well!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts