Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought new Continentals for my car, after quick reviewing it. These comes out as the class leading summer tires both in wet and dry.
So I am starting this post (well obviously to show off my new wheels too) but, to share my experience with these tires.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Fronts are 235/30 20"
Rear are 275/30 20"

Eibach lowering springs 1cm rear, 2cm front.

Initial first 3 miles:
Comfort: equal or better than stock.
Sound/noise: Better than stock.
Acceleration/performance: These tires and wheels are way way lighter than stock, it might be just in my head, but the car feels much more responsive, throttle happy, steering feels lighter, lighter over all.
Grip: 0-60 launch, have not tested yet. The old ones regularly did spin.
Turning with power: have not tested yet. The old ones regularly did spin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's mine, about a 6 pound per wheel/tire reduction in unsprung rotating mass in the front and 7 pound each in the rear, yes it makes a noticeable difference.
First time I heard about reduction of rotational mass, was when Koenigsegg explained why they make their driveshafts out of carbon fiber. I cant remember the details but it was something like, 1 pound reduction in rotational mass equals 4 pounds reduction on stationary mass.
Seems like few people know about this. So in your case 6,5 x4 x4 = 104 pounds. Thats like what the bonnet/hood weights in at.

Yet people are very quick in changing body work parts but they keep the original tires.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
Grip: 0-60 launch, have tested. The old ones regularly did spin.
The new ones 275, still spin a bit, but I have learned how to launch the car now faster, I can feel it grips better, and its controllable spin. The car also feels much more responsive and rapid.
These tires grow your balls, aka confidence. And everyone want bigger balls, except your wife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts