Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading around and everyone seem to be having like 380 miles to a full tank and im only getting 250 wtf?:dunno: I always use shells premium 93 or chevrone 93

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
It's the way you drive your car. Are u primarily driving in the city? Do you drive the car hard? Do you accelerate hard from stops all the time?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
IDK, I get 300-350 miles on 93 octane & drive the ever loving piss out of my car.

OP, is your car a 2.0 A/T? Because they get crappy fuel mileage IMO.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive my car hard and I do some city driving but everyone else saying they get atleast 350 and they drive hard too

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I drive my car hard and I do some city driving but everyone else saying they get atleast 350 and they drive hard too
It's more or less based on your MPG. I'm clocking high 19.x mpgs right now and getting around 300-315 on my range, 5 speed AT. Running 22 mpg, which I get in the summer, I get closer to 350.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Jeezus, take your boot out of it man. In the summer on 91 octane I run 400-450mi. per tank, and 370-400mi. in the winter (warm-up times + weight in trunk + anti-freeze in the gas)
And I drive fairly hard, so is there anything left of your tires?

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have the tires that came from the dealer about 5 months ago..my cars to slow at the moment to waste tires :wtc: could it be from turning the actuator arm 4x ?

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
I still have the tires that came from the dealer about 5 months ago..my cars to slow at the moment to waste tires :wtc: could it be from turning the actuator arm 4x ?
:ugh: whyyyy??

I get anywhere from 360-380, if you want to feel good for a little while.... go fill up your tank... go home... disconnect your battery for 15 minutes or so until the memory resets and your range will be back up close to 400... also fix that wastegate :shake:

...I'm certain it is because of driving habits

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
I get 280 miles per tank on 87. A/T and I drive hard, but 80% of my driving is in rush hour interstate traffic. 17.8-19.2mpg

I can see 30mpg+ if I'm cruising steady at 60mph, but I never do that.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:ugh: whyyyy??

I get anywhere from 360-380, if you want to feel good for a little while.... go fill up your tank... go home... disconnect your battery for 15 minutes or so until the memory resets and your range will be back up close to 400... also fix that wastegate :shake:

...I'm certain it is because of driving habits
I did it as a free mod but it didnt do crap really ima be turning it back to stock soon cause im getting BR reflash...I guess i drive alot harder than i though ima try driving a little calmer when i get it back on friday..license suspended FML gets reinstated friday..

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I did it as a free mod but it didnt do crap really ima be turning it back to stock soon cause im getting BR reflash...I guess i drive alot harder than i though ima try driving a little calmer when i get it back on friday..license suspended FML gets reinstated friday..
Ooooooh... :rofl:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Mine has been sitting around 14L/100km this winter, so according to the converter I used I'm getting 16.8 MPG. I'm not driving the car hard at all. Last summer with my CBE on I was averaging around 12L/100km or 19.6 MPG.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Tightening the wastegate increases boost across the board, meaning even closed loop, or light load. Increased boost while cruising around town will cause the ECU to dump more fuel in to keep a 14.7 a/f ratio.

Quit flooring it so much and loosen the wastegate a couple turns. I have yet to see below 20mpg at the end of a tank, including some tuning sessions.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tightening the wastegate increases boost across the board, meaning even closed loop, or light load. Increased boost while cruising around town will cause the ECU to dump more fuel in to keep a 14.7 a/f ratio.

Quit flooring it so much and loosen the wastegate a couple turns. I have yet to see below 20mpg at the end of a tank, including some tuning sessions.
yea ima do that soon ...but since i got my car from the dealer ive never had more the 280:dunno:

·
Registered
232 Posts
i get 350 on a tank with the wastegate mod 1.5 turns, DIY intake with cone filter and 3" exhaust.
i was getting 230 a tank till i reset the ECU

1 - 20 of 21 Posts