Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't feel boggy and not talking racing or anything but in normal traffic, to me it feels like i'm putting in more effort to keep to speed with rest of traffic. Going higher in rev band and switching up gears to keep pace with others who seem to be just driving normally. Might be all in my head but just feels like my car is working harder for no real reason.

·
Premium Member
14,982 Posts
It doesn't feel boggy and not talking racing or anything but in normal traffic, to me it feels like i'm putting in more effort to keep to speed with rest of traffic. Going higher in rev band and switching up gears to keep pace with others who seem to be just driving normally. Might be all in my head but just feels like my car is working harder for no real reason.
do a compression test and have the valve timing checked.

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
If many miles and it is a 3.8 GDI without a oil catch can ,your valves,intake ports could be caked up with deposited burnt oil leading to a reduced intake port diameter and bad flow around the valves .Basically choking air to the combustion chamber during the intake cycle .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts