Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious (& yes I know stupid) question of the day for me.

Gas cap

When I tighten my gas cap it doesn't "click" like it states on the freaking cap ("tighten past 1 click"). Started doing this about 4 no the ago..... Didn't think anything of it really....

Until now.

I am trying to trace down some recent funky micro hesistations at higher rpm. Hadnt had any CELs ever in the car since I bought it until this morning P0300.

Just curious if anyone else has the same issue with their caps and had any type of related issues. Or if the cap would actually have any possible adverse affect on anything?

Just looking at simple **** before I take her in or start pulling crap off the car lol. Prolly just order a new one regardless cuz I like **** to work right, just wondering if anyone with a bk2 3.8 has had issues with the stupid gas cap. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
as far as fuel and as far as I know, it's the same from the firewall back.

there is a high pressure pump mounted on the engine that is for the GDI part of it.

easiest thing to check with hesitation are the spark plug gaps and conditions.
maybe also spray some MAF sensor spray/cleaner on the MAF element. (read cleaner instructions on how to apply/use)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered a new gas cap well.... Just because its cheap (oem part number) like $15 and at least it will be proper. If it actually does anything who knows. But yes checking the plugs on the driver side to see if anything is out of the norm is next. Then will prolly just order a set and change them out next week or so. I am curious about a 2012 ecu TSB that called for 2013 3.8 that threw the P0300 code to have the rom updated? When I have some time gonna call dealer and see if they look up my vin and see if it had ever been done. Its running fine, something is just off so don't want to push my luck ;) thanks for some feedback appreciated

SC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts