Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the throttle body coolant bypass mod on my 2010 3.8 today. Worked like a charm. I disconnected both rubber lines off of the throttle body. Used the long one to connect the nipples together on the 2 main coolant tubes being careful not to get a kink. Put the shorter rubber line back on the throttle body ports...just so I wouldn't lose it.
...Noticed improved throttle response. Before the mod I couldn't put my hand on the manifold after a run. Now the top part of the manifold is cool, and the plenum is just a little warm. The t.b is cool also. Before the mod I couldn't even keep my hand on the injen intake tube due to the heat. Now it's cool to the touch. Car seems stronger now. Reduced heat soak? This coupe loves the mod. In fact I notice more from doing it than with the injen intake and test pipes combined. I wish I had done it sooner!

·
shorttrack
1,703 Posts
Find Titan2782's mod list and you will have a good blue print on making your car run much better .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did the hood rubber delete last year. I believe that was one of his mods. Car presently has a magnaflow cbe, test pipes, injen sri, trans mount and throttle body coolant bypass. Next up is a unorthodox crank pulley. I'm quite impressed with the coolant bypass. It's quite noticeable the before and after in engine response. It just feels stronger. I believe having a hot t.b, manifold ect..is really robbing hp from the 3.8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts