Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am finishing up my TK.com turbo kit installation. I have a boost, oil temp, and wide band.

I am hoping to get clarification on the least intrusive spot to run the sensor wires and vacuum into the cabin.

Is the 'noise pipe' resonator the best place?? It's not really needed now. The wide band connector and vacuum line aren't exactly tiny. The oil temp has one sensor wire, so that can go anywhere, but I'd rather have everything orderly and go through the same access hole, if possible.

Thanks! :)

-Sass

·
Registered
784 Posts
You answered your own question !

Yes, the fag ass noise tube is the perfect conduit for everything you just mentioned and then some. I have all my Meth system items going through there as well.

It protected, water proof, and easy to access.

What did you tune to ?

Did you get the custom headers too ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for confirming. I appreciate it. I didn't yet rip it a apart. So I just assumed.

I got the ECU from turbokits.com that you get extra with the kit, so it's pre tuned. I am not entirely sure what tune they use.

The headers and the back half of the exhaust are stock. So the headers still have those MASSIVE cats buried into them.

I have a meth system as well, but the exhaust and the meth will be next spring's project. My goal is to just get the car started, off the jack stands, and break the turbo in before winter.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Oil

I just noticed all your posts and questions. For oil as far as your concerned. For the first 500 miles on your new turbo you need to run a "standard" no synthetic oil. This will allow for the proper breakin of your turbo, and for the seals to set. Read my thread on this. A gradual boost increase is the best way to do this. have some patience. At 500 miles, then change again, go to wahtever synthetic you like.

If you go straight to synth, you probably will have smoking issues at idle. Then you'll be all shitty, and calling Jessie, and he will tell you you should have done a breakin period on standard oil.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Preventative advice

OK if you have the kit and your are keeping you CATS, dont go over 5 psi. If you do you will shredd/melt your CATS. They will end up in your Turbo. Ryan, "the enginneer" had this happen to him. He's the guy who made those installation videos.

So either:

1. Keep her at 5 psi.

Or

2. Gut your CATS

Or

3. Get the custom headers,...like I did. They have twice the flow of the stock system dude. It makes the car act like a supercharger, no lag.

OK, IMPORTANT !!
You ordered their tune with meth/water option. That means your tune is inherently more aggressive. Its through Blood type racing. Its the end product of alot of tweaks. Its awesome. BUT,...know that it is intended for 94 octane,(and in your case meth). SO until you get your M/W on there I really would not push mor than 4 psi.
-I hope you also got at least a step colder plugs. These are the ones you should use. The BEST in the world bar none for your car the way she is NGK race R2556G-8.
Buy them direct from Japan via NENGUNs website. They will come registered mail.
***If you try to buy these state side you will pay upwards of 110.00 a plug.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed all your posts and questions. For oil as far as your concerned. For the first 500 miles on your new turbo you need to run a "standard" no synthetic oil. This will allow for the proper breakin of your turbo, and for the seals to set. Read my thread on this. A gradual boost increase is the best way to do this. have some patience. At 500 miles, then change again, go to wahtever synthetic you like.

If you go straight to synth, you probably will have smoking issues at idle. Then you'll be all shitty, and calling Jessie, and he will tell you you should have done a breakin period on standard oil.
Hey thanks man!

Yep, I have 7 quarts of standard oil, and 10 quarts of synthetic ready to go. I have a boost controller ready to go too down the road when I get the exhaust and meth all tucked in the car.

I appreciate the feedback, a lot!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK if you have the kit and your are keeping you CATS, dont go over 5 psi. If you do you will shredd/melt your CATS. They will end up in your Turbo. Ryan, "the enginneer" had this happen to him. He's the guy who made those installation videos.

So either:

1. Keep her at 5 psi.

Or

2. Gut your CATS

Or

3. Get the custom headers,...like I did. They have twice the flow of the stock system dude. It makes the car act like a supercharger, no lag.

Roger that. Thanks. Do you have a link to the headers? Or a brand I should look into?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Roger that. Thanks. Do you have a link to the headers? Or a brand I should look into?
Turbokits .com jigged and created these. They made installation alot easier too. Oh and when you do these its a great time to install 70Durometer filled engine mounts. Your motor wont budge an inch under wot,...........engine leash my bunghole !

Look into filling your own trans mount.

Also add the steel sleeve and fourth oem bushing on the differential.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turbokits .com jigged and created these. They made installation alot easier too. Oh and when you do these its a great time to install 70Durometer filled engine mounts. Your motor wont budge an inch under wot,...........engine leash my bunghole !

Look into filling your own trans mount.

Also add the steel sleeve and fourth oem bushing on the differential.
Awesome, great info. Thank you. I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts