Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 grand to spend on my car and I need everyones help ! I have a 2011white 2.0T A/T . I want to soup up my car big time before the summer hit, I have black tints, black rims and going to get my tail and head lights tinted soon. I want to get an exhaust system I'm thinking about getting a mangnaflow cat back, but basically I want to make my car faster I want to add more hp to her basically. I'm a girl so I don't know that much about fixing up the car but I know a little so give me some credit... Help me out please :) and if someone can please give me a link to a good website I can buy genesis accessories and parts.

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.gencoupe.com/vendor-clas...lhlavoc-official-wabbp-exhaust-group-buy.html

;) If you're concerned with quality there is no better than WABBP! :bowdown: Also since you already have wheels I high recommend lowering your coupe to give it a proper stance. PM me about some lowering springs if youre interested in that :)
I would love to lower my genesis but I live in chicago, IL and they have speed bumps all over the neighborhood because drive bys, so thats out of the picture. My boyfriend has a saturn redline edition with a low body kit and scrapes his car every time he goes over a speed bump.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
trade it in for a 6spd... and use the 3 grand to pay the difference if any lol!

·
Registered
331 Posts
if you have 3k for parts and instal the BR stage 2 will set you over budget. i would say start with the reflash, intake and exhaust. if you have money left over im really not sure if the injectors or the FMIC would be the next step. the first three items will really wake your car up. i went from stock hanging neck and neck with what i assumed to be a stock honda crx, high school kids were driving it around bouncing the rev limiter like they were supposed to do it but there might have been an intake and exhaust, to hanging neck and neck with my friends s2000 with an exhaust. but i also have the MT. your results will vary.

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
I would love to lower my genesis but I live in chicago, IL and they have speed bumps all over the neighborhood because drive bys, so thats out of the picture. My boyfriend has a saturn redline edition with a low body kit and scrapes his car every time he goes over a speed bump.
That's understandable :( So forget lowering it but definitely check out that exhaust group buy! Very exclusive system for an amazing price :bowdown:

·
It's a Hyundai??
64 Posts
Turbo xs downpipe and catback...any intake you want and poweraxle reflash shud make you very happy...plus you will have extra cash left over...

·
Spy
1,301 Posts
I have 3 grand to spend on my car and I need everyones help ! I have a 2011white 2.0T A/T . I want to soup up my car big time before the summer hit.......
smh if you hadnt clarified your gender.....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
BR re-flash + parts. Those dudes have messed with the AT more than almost anyone else and are committed to the platform. Gotta support that.

·
Registered
678 Posts
if you have 3k for parts and instal the BR stage 2 will set you over budget. i would say start with the reflash, intake and exhaust. if you have money left over im really not sure if the injectors or the FMIC would be the next step. the first three items will really wake your car up. i went from stock hanging neck and neck with what i assumed to be a stock honda crx, high school kids were driving it around bouncing the rev limiter like they were supposed to do it but there might have been an intake and exhaust, to hanging neck and neck with my friends s2000 with an exhaust. but i also have the MT. your results will vary.
Power to weight ratios:
Honda Crx (vtec) = ~6.9%
GC = ~6.6%

That would be a good race given our 6spd and their 5spd lol I had forgotten how crazy light those machines were...

All of the stage 2 parts are pretty easy to install, save the Intercooler. Once you get that bumper cover off though, it's pretty easy too :)

My opinions though - Iv'e not done this on this car. I did the whole 2G DSM thing :D

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
+3 on Stage 2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TINT, not TINTS. God I hate when people call it TINTS.
well excuse me, i hate when people criticize how i talk. Where i'm from we call it tints. Every state talks different then one another so suck it up and deal with it.. I didn't even realize I put soup lol. But btw thanks everyone for your help :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
agressive wow... thats what i like to see :)

with the crx deal its the principal of the thing. nobody wants to lose to a crx, or even say "i was neck and neck with that crx". its like how i refused to race srt4s cruising around. i refused to be beaten by a neon.

·
Registered
678 Posts
agressive wow... thats what i like to see :)

with the crx deal its the principal of the thing. nobody wants to lose to a crx, or even say "i was neck and neck with that crx". its like how i refused to race srt4s cruising around. i refused to be beaten by a neon.
Even though, deep down, you know the neon would walk you... and that still eats at you. I know, I feel it too lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts