Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently found a totaled 2013 Genesis RSPEC Sedan with 1500 miles on it at an insurance auction. Everything is mechanically sound in the car it's just there is a lot of body damage from when the owner ran off the side of the road. All 4 rims and 3 tires are perfect; Interior is perfect; Computers are perfect. He thinks he can get it for $16k.

Does anyone know how or if you can put a 5.0 in a GC?

I know there was one at the SEMA show, but I don't know how practical it would be with 429HP in such a small coupe.

Input is much appreciated.

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
Do we really need to question the practicality?

I have a feeling snoopy will pop in this thread soon and be able to tell you exactly what you need to swap a Tau into a Coupe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
A totaled sedan for 16k? I'm not sure about that price, seems high for a wreck car; but if I found something like that in Hawaii, I'd probably be all over it too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
Well, I mean, When you look at the numbers a 5.0 v8 is a 3.8 with 2 more cylinders...

Now I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it in reality, but maths says it works.

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
^^^ If you're talking about average ltr per cylider then yeah its close, still not the same. But that means you still have to jam two more cyliders that are roughly the same displacement as the other six to jam in the bay.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
It's totaled with only body damage and nothing else? o_O

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Front facia is gone, frame in the rear is twisted but drive shaft is fine, driver's side panels are destroyed, windshield and back windows are gone, spindles on driver's front side is destroyed, needs new tire... I'm sure that someone could fix it, but it would take well over $25k to do it, and $16k+$25K=$41k for a car that would only be worth Twenty something thousand dollars... I know when I totaled my 3000GT the parts were worth 4X what I paid for the car, so I guess the same could be said for a Genesis.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am 100% sure it can be done we already know the Rhys Millen car has the conversion done and it showed in SEMA and a bunch of YouTube videos. Cost to make that happen is what the real question is. The result of those two married together just screams DO ME!

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
If you have the means, I say you should do it. Would be an awesome build to see

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
^^^ If you're talking about average ltr per cylider then yeah its close, still not the same. But that means you still have to jam two more cyliders that are roughly the same displacement as the other six to jam in the bay.
yeah, that' what I meant. The numbers work, but doesn't mean anything else does lol!

·
CH 11, Sec 62
1,516 Posts
If you can jam a small or big block chev into a pontiac fiero, then stuffing the engine bay of a gen coupe with the 5.0 should fit....with mods to suspension, frame and firewall. Although it will not be cheap, nor will it be a weekend affair lol.

YouTube

1 - 20 of 32 Posts