Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says I've got about 500 big ones to spend, should I go with the CP-E intake (when it's finally available again) or Eibach pro-kit + 20mm spacers all around + alignment? I'm stuck on this decision and would love some input! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
NXXT has a point, my question is though. If you go with the 2nd option, have you considered installation costs? Unless you plan on installing it yourself than of course ignore my question.

With that aside though. I'd still opt for option 2.

I've done a ton of mods to my car, and NXXT himself has gone through 3 Gencoupes. I'd go out on a limb and say that we know what we're talking about and we're talking from experience. I truly do regret paying close to $300 for an intake, 5-10hp or not. Price doesn't merit it in my eyes. Especially when they're so many other options on the board.

Not trying to lecture just trying to help you get the best bang for your buck of course your opinions may vary.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Hit me up for a price on those eibachs. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The second one is what i was leaning towards, thanks for the input guys.... I just liked the fact that the CP-E intake is quieter than a regular CAI. Can you guys say if it is really THAT much quieter?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
save some more and get a reflash

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
You'll get more value for your money with the springs and alignment. The car will visually look better and handle better. A much better value than that CP-E intake. That intake isn't going to throw you to the back of your seat when you step on the gas. The price doesn't justify the gain imo.

Personally though, I would save it, and when you get $600 - $650, get the reflash. That is the best value for your money.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
save some more and get a reflash
You'll get more value for your money with the springs and alignment. The car will visually look better and handle better. A much better value than that CP-E intake. That intake isn't going to throw you to the back of your seat when you step on the gas. The price doesn't justify the gain imo.

Personally though, I would save it, and when you get $600 - $650, get the reflash. That is the best value for your money.
Reflash for sure. If you're willing to overstep that $500 dollars. That will throw you in the back of your set. Its a totally different car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reflash for sure. If you're willing to overstep that $500 dollars. That will throw you in the back of your set. Its a totally different car.
I already have the SFR reflash and love it :D

so it sounds to me like I'll go with the suspension set up ... just ONE more question ... stock 18's: go 20mm spacers all around or 20 in the back and 17 up front? I know this has been beat to death, but no one actually has said what looks better on stock 18's..

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
I'd say 20mm all around.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Imo, handling > acceleration

cash-monies in making the car handle better first, that way when you upppppp the powerrrrr it'll still hold the road instead of handling like a 1970s leaf-sprung on takeoff.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
If he had the track version, then it would be ok for power adders right away. But since he's cruising in a non-track, then yes, minor suspension upgrades should be highly sought after.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I second on 20 mm all the way around, and dangit Tom, that's twice you have beat me to an offer lol.

·
Regular User
86 Posts
I know a lot of people are all about dropping, slamming or lowering their ride but from my experience it's not a good idea. I mean
do you need that much more in the handling department?
...unless you're pushing your car to the ragged edge... which isn't a good idea on the streets.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents worth, but you're messing with things that had a lot of development and engineering put into them and you're making the car more susceptible to damage from things like curbs, oddly shaped driveways or whatever. Plus it's only so long before your car gets rattled apart and things start creaking, cracking, buzzing, vibrating... making annoying noises.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Believe it or not, Eibach Pro-Kit springs offer a rather smooth ride. There have been no reports of parts vibrating, etc. :) Plus the extra inch drop will not leave the car vulnerable to bump stops and most driveways.

Please don't tell me that your experience with lowering cars has been with Neons or the like? :)

·
Regular User
86 Posts
Point taken. I did put a Pro Kit on my Civic but I wouldn't call it smooth.

I put a Tein SSD coilover kit on my WRX, which was supposed to be the softest of that brands coilovers and it ended up being a lot less comfortable than stock. It had height adjustment which was nice but raising it meant I needed another allignment.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Adjustable coils are always nice. Especially ones with 15+ levels of dampening. :) You should try some coils with the GC. You'll be shocked at how nice the ride will be as long as your settings are on the softer side.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone got a pic of their car with eibach pro's with 20mms?
I'm about to :D I ended up ordering a pro-kit and spacers from Tom yesterday .... and got them today! I'll be installing tomorrow and will post pics later this week.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
wow.... A single day?!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts